or Connect

Posts by SunshineMommyAZ

My daughter is 18 months and still nursing A LOT!   Some days I am like AHHH...enough!  But...I always give in and nurse her.  And for the most part, I am still very much okay and love nursing her.  However, I think around two I may not feel so positive about things anymore. If I try to get rid of one feeding, she screams, is miserable, keeps saying "night night" because she calls my boobs night nights and reaching for them.   I, in no way, am weaning but my...
The first one looks positive to me but the second negative.
My daughter is 18 mts and my son is 2 1/2 and she started walking at 11 mts.     Although she was walking and her vocabulary was well advanced at 11 months, I still considered her a baby-- not a toddler.  Even at 18 months now, she is just beginning to border on toddler to me.  The only reason I say this is so your expectations of her are appropriate as she is still very much in her baby phase.    I am not a mom who hides the fact I have kids.  If you come into my...
Dr. Laura Markham,   Thank you for your quick reply; I have read your response numerous times and shared it with my mother.  We are both very appreciative and further informed by your insight and experience.  Although my husband is unaware I sought your advice (as I didn't want him to feel hurt or betrayed), I suggested we both read some parenting books as personal development is always a plus and he has agreed to-- which will be yours and Kohn's book.   Thank you...
Dr. Laura Markham,   I am writing for guidance in regards to my husband.   We have two children; a 2 1/2 year old son and a 1 1/2 year old daughter.   From my analysis and observation, my husband is very tough on our son.  I realize fathers often feel a need to toughen their boys up but it's not so much that as it is, he is super critical and easily loses his patience.   Instead of encouraging words, he is very critical of him and always rushing him.  If our son is...
I have had two planned c sections and milk came in very quickly with both-- nursed both children exclusively wout any problems other than mastitis with my daughter from engorgement but that never impacted my nursing or supply ... C sections have nothing to do with proper milk supply -- just another way people over dramatize c sections
Thank you Maggie and Dina as well... I will certainly speak with a lactation consultant ... I never even thought of that...about what herbs and meds I can involve. My daughter is do clearly not ready to wean as she still readily breast feeds multiple times a day. I really appreciate the help-- I felt vulnerable and a little silly posting this but the answers have really benefitted and furthered my understanding of why BFing is not the issue
I am nursing my 16 month old and the nursing is great-- she seems not the least interested in weaning but I, on the other hand, am (but it has nothing to do with breast feeding).   For whatever reason, and the reason doesn't really matter, I have severe, like threatening my marriage PMS ever since children I guess but I never noticed it until my daughter because I had my son, breastfed him, was pregnant again when he was six months, and never really had a period until my...
That is truly beautiful!  Wow-- what a journey it all must have been and remains to be.   Thank you so much for sharing.  I am also planning on home educating.  I was home educated myself and ironically enough, before having children, taught public school which only further secured in me the desire to home school.  :)  My children are 2 1/2 and 16 months though so homeschooling consists of shapes, colors, numbers, letters, and lots of play time right now.   You sound...
My daughter refused ANY and ALL baby food or anything that was a texture similar (mashed potatos, yogurt, etc) and she still won't eat mashed food at 16 months so I think it was truly a texture thing.  My dad is that way too about mashed food-- makes him nearly vomit.  And she HATED fruit of any kind.     SO...up until around 10/11 months all she did was breastfeed which she still does quite a lot of at 16 months along with eating regular food.     I didn't have much...