or Connect

Posts by Jessie

Thanks, Rachel. It's good to know that I'm not alone here. And, thanks to all of you for the information, suggestions, and advice. I really hope he grows out of it soon. I think I'm going to add some probiotics to his diet, too. Jess
First and foremost, thank you, Frank, for what you have written. Second, I took him to Dr. Rydland (www.kidswellness.com) today, and he examined him for the swollen tonsils, recent illness, and for his foreskin. The tonsils are better, his ears are clear, and his penis still slightly red along the edge of the foreskin. He suggested I continue the sitz baths with epsom salts and the bactroban topically for a few more days. I then brought up the diabetes question. ...
He has an appointment tomorrow with the "natural" pediatrician, and I will ask about the culture, but why diabetes? Yes, diabetes in the family, but only with my deceased grandfather who was an alcoholic and overweight. He has been on an herbal immune formula for the past 10 days, for the infection, and also because he has had a cold. He snores, has enlarged tonsils, and is generally prone to picking up whatever funk goes around. My poor little man. More, please,...
My son is nearly 3. He is not circ'ed and is slightly retractable. He had his first foreskin infection Nov. 2004, and has had 3 or 4 since then. The two most recent ones have been back to back (1 week apart). His penis becomes red along the side, very swollen, and painful, and sometimes puss drips out. I treat them by giving him 3-4 sitz baths daily with epsom salts and I put a bit of prescribed bactroban (muipricin sp?) cream on the tip of his penis, and then Imake...
Thank you for your suggestions and encouragement. A friend had mentioned the dairy connection, too. So, I have begun to wean him off yogurt and cheese, which is the main dairy he eats. I had to cancel his CST, but will reschedule this week and keep you posted. I have been putting echinacea and astralgus (sp?) in his juice. I will get the number for the homeopath that comes highly recommended, and give her a try, too. My only lament is that here in Miami, it seems...
DS, almost 3, is snoring, snorting, experiencing fitful sleep with waking, and possibly sleep apnea. Began early December, after a bad cold, but the cold has dissipated, yet the snoring, etc. remains. He has always had some difficulty shaking a cold, but has only had one ear infection. He is scheduled to see a craniosacral therapist this week, and I'd like to take him to a local ped who uses herbal therapies/natural approaches, but he's pretty expensive. I can take him...
Thanks, Richella. Like you, I have been hesitant to take the plunge and pony up for the information. I just am uncertain as to which websites will provide the most trustworthy information and for what cost. I will try your suggestions. Funny, I see you're in Kansas. I was born there, and that is where my sis' birthmother lives/ed. Good luck on your search. For us, it really has been wonderful. Jessie
My (half) sister, who lives in England, was adopted at birth. My father (her birth father) found her through the adoption agency, when we were 18, we are now in our mid-thirties. Our reunion story is beautiful and heartwarming. She has been trying to find her birth mother for ages, but without result. I am trying to help her obtain the contact information for her birth mother. I have her birth mohter's maiden name. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best ways...
I printed out all the info to read when not in the middle of nursing. I also searched the crafts forum and pulled up alot of info, including your past posts, so extra thanks. I must get busy so that I am able to achieve so mething decent before the holidays. I appreciate the novocain tip as well. Yuck. I am so glad I don't use that J&J stuff, I just thought the ph was different or something. Warmly, Jessie
Hi, I would like to make some natural bath products to give as gifts for the holidays (soaps, salts, lotions, salves, oils, etc.) and was wondering if anyone could suggest some online resources for low cost materials. Also, any favorite recipes for soaps, lotions, salts salves, and oils? Anyone make their own baby products? Any no tears varieties? Thank you. I can't wait to get busy. Warmly, Jessie