or Connect

Posts by Texasminx

I have a great, great son. He just turned 8. He hasn't always been easy. He is a strong willed child. VERY strong willed. He was a slow starter in school and his first two teachers were...well, not so great and since he was the slow one, just like the wildebeast on the prairie, he was left behind. My husband and I always agreed that he should be promoted anyway. After all, he was just a late starter and he would "get" it eventually. Finally last Summer, we...
Every Monday McDonald's has a Mocha Monday. I don't particularly like their food, but HEY! Free Mocha is a Free Mocha! lol Lou :
I have five children/pigs. They range in age form 18-5. I am constantly picking up after them. I am sick of it. I want to make a chore chart for them, but was curious what was age appropriate. I also didn't want to have the same child always doing the same thing every day, i.e. One always does the clothes and the other always does the dishes. I want them to know how to do everything and to know how to do it right. Does this make sense? How would I go about finding...
I am 40 years old. Not something that I like to think about. My Parents are 75. I like to think of them as invincible, although I know they are not. I have known my Mom my entire life. She is an incredible woman. I have learned compassion, love, fairness...everything from her. My father, I have never known. He left before I was born. I remember seeing him at the divorce hearing when I was three. He kept staring at me. I remember being scared and making the...
My oldest is 18. She has never dated. She didn't finish school. Has no motivation to get her GED. She does work at a local grocery store. Did I mention she has never dated?? Ok, this is what is bugging me so badly. She has a 26 y.o. that has been chasing her for a year plus. It is really bothering me because she won't tell me anything about her personal life. Yes, I know, she is an adult and doesn't have to, but why wouldn't she want to? I am so very hurt about...
How do you make learning fun for a 7y.o.? My son is/has always been different from my other children. I don't mean bad different, just different. He came out screaming bloody murder and did so for the first two years of his life. I cried more in those two years than I ever cared to in my life. It is terrible when the neighbors are asking what is wrong with that kid and you don't have an answer for them except that he wants to be carried continually. I took him to dr...
I am so late on this thread, but wanted to chime in with my favorite chickies. The frizzle! You can see it at: http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/prod...le_cochin.html I have one red hen. They are absolutely precious! In addition to this one, I also have R.I.R.'s, Buff Orpingtons, game chickens, Americaunas, a few red stars, and lots of white leghorns. Probably 60 or therabouts all together. Quite a few chickens. I also have had ducks and geese (evil, evil birds) and...
I am so glad to see a July 04 baby thread! Eli, or E-I-O as my Three year old calls him was born July 24@ 37 weeks. He was 6'lbs 5oz. At this point you wouldn't know that he was such a scrawny baby, he is now over 18lbs and is a chunky little monkey! I am told constantly how large he is for his size. I waited to start him on solids until I felt like he was telling me he wanted to eat. This is the first time out of 5 children I felt like I was doing something right...
Hello July Mommas! My ds was born on the 24th of July, so as of yesterday we are officially 7 months. wooo hooo! He just cut his bottom two teeth which was a big deal here. Out of my five kids he was definately the youngest @6 months. The rest of my kids didn't cut teeth until 10months and up. He weighed in at his 6 month well baby at 17lbs 5 oz. That too is a big deal considering he was just a little premature and was 6lb 5oz. Not too little, but consider...
I love all the little baby rolls also. I didn't realize it till I was at an appointment the other day and was fiddling around with his ears when I noticed dirt behind his ear and couldn't fathom why I hadn't seen the dirt before and then I let his ear go and realized he even has a small fat roll behind his ears. LOL Lou