or Connect

Posts by gardendweller

LOL! been there! 
OP here, thought I'd post an update here.   Since starting this thread I decided to try weight watchers for nursing moms.   I didn't like it!  During my trial period I felt like all I did was enter points, and try to figure out points, and measure every tiny thing I ate so I could be exact with my points!  UHg.  I don't have that kind of time (read "energy") to devote to a diet right now.  And I was always hungry, not good when you are breast feeding!! I will say my sister...
hi rebelovema!  been great, busy, and surviving a sleepless child! (now getting in molars, uhg!)  lets see, latest projects: 1.  still making barrettes as she seems to lose them as fast as I can make them! 2.  planted an indoor organic herb garden in large mason jars 3.  made a fabric coiled spring basket for lo's spring goodies   I intend to make a few sleep sacks in the next few days (I am staring down the fabric with blood shot eyes as I type! lol!) and I need to...
I am 35, I am 5'5" and I have been a consistent 172lbs since giving birth (16 months ago).  This is 12 pounds above the 160 I weighed when I got pregnant and 22 pounds above my over all goal weight of 150.  I still nurse my 16 mo day and night.  Now, I have tried to eat healthy since having my lo, but I will admit I have developed a slight sugar addiction (which I have heard is not uncommon for a nursing mother), but I also chalk it up to sleep deprivation.  My lo is not a...
 Awe, thanks for the camaraderie!  I could have written this word for word, except that I am an "older" mom (35)!  I will say being an "awkward introvert" (I love that) is a challenge now that I am a mama since I do take my lo out and about a lot to play with other small people! 
I have totally strayed from my list, but my newest thing is making felt covered barrettes to keep the hair out of lo's eyes!!  I also decided to make over my sewing area (aka dining room, LOL!) so it's more functional, organized, and attractive.   Its slow going, but its getting there! :)
I wish women would support each other with loving kindness, instead of judging and name calling.
OP here again!  Sorry, but I have to say the word "vanity" is not the point of this thread, the OED defines vanity as: "1. a. That which is vain, futile, or worthless; that which is of no value or profit." And Merriam Webster defines it as: "1.van·i·ty noun \ˈva-nə-tē\ : the quality of people who have too much pride in their own appearance, abilities, achievements, etc. : the quality of being vain : something (such as a belief or a way of behaving) which shows that you...
Loving all the different view points of make-up here!  Seems like its one of those things that may be useless to over think!  Today it struck me as hilarious that I have been putting so much thought into it lately, and yet I HAVE NOT SHAVED MY LEGS OR ARM PITS IN 15 YEARS- and I never give that a second thought! LOL!  I also thought about all the women I admire most in this world, some wear make-up, so do not, and to tell you the truth, either way I never thought about it...
All these deep emotions surrounding the use of cosmetics is so interesting to me! Sweetsilver, I see where you are approaching the issue from, but I gotta point out that I know a lot guys who wear makeup currently for different reasons (some for artistic reasons and some for fashion and some for gender identity)! So my answer to why do women put on makeup is different than if dd asked why boys wear makeup! LOL! Tigerchild, interesting that your mom pushed makeup on you!...