or Connect

Posts by GeoPhoenix

Ok, not sure if there is a correlation or not but my almost 12 month old is a bit under the weather. By that I mean he has a super stuffy nose, slight cough, sneezing, greenish diareah (tmi - sorry) - he does eat a lot of peas and green beans, his eyes were super crusty with yellowish goop the last few mornings and he also has a rash on his face that has faded in the last couple days. This all started the day we went to my in-laws for Christmas last Thursday. They have 2...
oh my - I didn't even think about the toothpicks and little ones! Thank you - first time mom here - as if that isn't obvious;)
Thank you Biofarmer for your suggestions:) I will check with our parks department, but I think most are outdoor pavillions. I wasn't trying to 'compete' with my sil, just saying that she seems to have it more together than I do at the moment. I know that ds won't remember this party at all and we will have mostly family and a few close friends of our ( though we  haven't seen them much this past year - they don't have kids). I do plan on making ds his own little cake so I...
My ds is turning 1 in January, right after the New Year. So all of the out of town family are going to skip the holidays and come up for his birthday. The problem - I have no idea how to throw a party or any kind let alone a first birthday party! We also can't have it at our place cause the apartment is so tiny so we have to find a place to have it too and have no idea where to even start. My husband and I don't have many, if any friends really and we don't know anyone...
My family / friends are telling me that I absolutely must get our 8 month old the flu shot this year. I myself have never had a flu shot and neither has my husband, in fact we are fairly anti-flu shot. So I tend to be hesitant about getting one for our baby. Everyone we know who religiously get one every year seems to always get sick and stay sick for so much of the winter. We have a pedi appt next month and I need to know what to do. Please weigh in pros and cons and if...
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Anna and I am a first time mom to a 8 month lil boy. I live in Middle TN area and am looking to learn more about natural living, and everything associated with it. I have not had much luck with finding like-minded people in my geographic area. Most people I have met are formula feeding, vaccine heavy and think that I am crazy for doing things differently - breastfeeding, baby wearing and not so heavy on vaccines.   My...