or Connect

Posts by spockalock

Thanks for your input Oread.  I guess I have to ignore all threats and stick to my guns, and set boundaries.  Otherwise, my ex, like a child throwing a tantrum, will get his own way, and I don't want to set that as an example for my girls. 
I'm new to the forums, but I've been reading the "Mothering" forums for years.  I'm a mum of five, and "step-mum" to my partner's daughter.  My older four daughters are from my previous marriage, and my youngest (the boy) from my current relationship.   Poor wee boy has five older sisters.  It's nuts (even more nuts for my partner, who occasionally has to dive into his office for respite from all the female energy)  but it's fun too.     I don't usually sit down to write...
Hi there.  I'm a mum of five, and have a bit of a situation regarding food and parenting through separation.  Here's the story: He (my ex) is a vegetarian (and has been since his early 20's), and I am an omnivore (raised omni, mostly vegetarian until I was 12 when I transitioned to a completely vegetarian diet). We have four daughters, twins who are 10, 8, and 5 years of age.  Our daughters had been raised on a mainly yogic diet, no eggs, meat, fish, poultry, garlic or...