or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by MumofWill

Thanks so much for your response MaggieLC. The milk is a much better color now, just a very pale brown color. I did try getting him back on but with the swelling (incision was made around the areola) he can't seem to attach well yet and it caused me enormous pain so I went back to just pumping. The supply is very slowly coming back on that side and the swelling gradually subsiding so I might try him on it again in another day or 2. Thanks again for your response and...
Hi all. I'm hoping someone out there has some experience with this. Long story short ... A suspicious lump in my breast has to be surgically removed. I had to wean from the affected breast and that all went well and the surgery was done 16 days ago. I waited 2 weeks post surgery to start pumping again as I want to relactate on the affected side (we continued feeding now 5mo from unaffected side throughout). There is only very little milk coming out of the affected breast...
Thanks treehugginhippie. The lump has grown over the past 10 months and there is shadowing behind it now which has the radiologist concerned which in turn is concerning the surgeon. I had it biopsied last week and the results came back as benign but the shadowing still has them concerned. Im happy to get it out but if i can continue to BF i'd like to, even if that means weaning on one side and then trying to relactate afterwards on the affected side. To complicate matters...
Hi sntm. You've provided some really helpful info here and some suggestions that some breast surgeons are not willing to consider. I have a lump in my breast that requires lumpectomy but I am currently breastfeeding my 3mo and ideally want to continue to exclusively breast feed until he is 6mo. And then combine breastfeeding as we introduce solids until at least 12 months. My surgeon (and others I have spoken to) have said that they wouldn't perform the procedure on a...
New Posts  All Forums: