or Connect

Posts by MamaCB

I love these ideas!  A magnifying glass for looking at plants and bugs is a GREAT idea - oh, but I'd better make sure that we don't inadvertently burn the bugs, right?  That's something mean kids do on purpose, which is the only reason I have heard of this problem.  I'll get some non-toxic sidewalk chalk, too. I've located a consignment sale being held nearby tomorrow.  I'm definitely looking for a ride-on vehicle, since my daughter is very interested in these.  You'd be...
I am not 100% sure what happened at the center, since you seem (understandably) hesitant to go into great detail.  If they were not providing good care (and it sounds like they weren't), then I would not want to give them more money, even if my child's memory of the place wasn't as negative as mine.  (Kids are sometimes oblivious to how adults feel, even if the feeling is hateful.)  I'd rather drive to another town.  If this isn't an option, I'll try to brainstorm some...
I took the survey.  I am curious as to what this product is.  We only buy disposable napkins occasionally, for company, because our cloth napkins are somewhat stained.  Otherwise, it's not a product I put money into.  Still, I am very curious to know what this product would look like.   When asked if I had trouble holding a napkin with "finger foods," I said yes because I was thinking about standing up at parties and trying to eat and drink.  I need three hands then -...
Thanks, this is really interesting.  I love being my child's full-time caregiver, and I want to make sure she is getting everything she can out of it.  Many days, I end up thinking, "We didn't do any real activities - no outings, no projects - yet I also got very little done for the house or for myself, and I didn't spend much time in my own leisure.  What in the world did we do?"  In retrospect, it seems like most of the time was spent trying to get her to eat and then...
I love these ideas!  Thanks.
Our daughter is almost two, and we live in an area that is cold for at least half the year.  We are on a tight budget, but we'd like to take some advantage of the pleasant weather outdoors.  Of course, I know there are parks and other away-from-home activities, but I am also setting aside a small budget to fix up the backyard.  What we have is a small suburban backyard without much privacy on either side.  Our fences are low, and must be low according to local law.  Our...
When does life change from "regular days with a toddler" to "homeschooling a preschooler"?  Age three?  Four?  Or does one start small (with one hour of planned "schooling" activity a day) for a young toddler, and move up to full time as s/he nears age five?   Is it worth getting a premade homeschool curriculum for a preschooler?   We have friends who send their one year old to what I would call daycare, but it is called "preschool," which leads me to wonder if those...
Probably the co-sleeper.  The particular brand we have is difficult to set up, but just having a co-sleeper, period, was a great thing when the baby was little.   As for brand name products, our Naturepedic mattress is very good.
Thanks.  I would actually want her to watch and follow along - or, watch me and follow along.  I am looking at it as a joint activity.
I have never noticed this to be a problem in the low/no-TV families I have known.  Some of these children are as old as nine now.  They bond over legos, American Girls dolls, various games and other non-TV activities.  If one child is playing with a Thomas train, and another child wants to join in, it takes less than seconds for the first child to explain, "The train is named Thomas," and then they move on.