or Connect

Posts by Stephanie731

I've seen a lot about having the crib "attached" to the bed. Is it safe? How does it work?
Thanks for your responses! I've realized now it is because he is alone. I have found him reaching for me in his sleep and he only stops fussing once he had found my arm/hand/chest to hold on to. I'm relieved there is a way to get him to sleep, just discouraged that it is his attachment to me that is preventing us from sleeping. He has never been easy to put to sleep, and it feels as if he's been teething FOREVER with no ten to show for it. My goal is to get him OUT...
My DS will be 8 months this Tuesday and DH and I are struggling with bedtime. DS is an extraordinarily happy kid during the day, and goes down for naps with very little fuss. Once nighttime comes around and it is time for bed, it is like I have an entirely different child. He screams as soon as he feels sleep coming on, will not take a pacifier, and if I can get him to take the paci (either by nursing him and switching to the bink once he is no longer eating, or by using a...
Thanks!!
Wonderful resource! Thank you!
Just subbing so I can keep all these resources at hand What great ideas!
I've tried the dryer, air drying, stripping, bleaching, extra rinsing and sunning. I use Rockin Green on "normal" water (hard water that goes through two induvidual in-house softening systems). I've got a brand new bottle of Charley's I'm waiting to try, but I have to finish up the other soap first. I have a frontloading HE. Dirty diapers get a rinse cycle on cold, then a sanitary cycle with pre-wash, extra rinse, and heavy soil setting. I have three brands: Econobum,...
DS is 6.5 months with no teeth and is crazy about food. Right from the first time we gave him rice cereal (about 5.5 months) he eats everything without pause. I heard about Baby Led Weaning (BLW) and decided it was the way I wanted to go. But no matter how much I follow the recipes and sizing and shapes he just tries to shove it all in his mouth at once. I wouldn't be so worried if he wasn't actually eating everything. Any suggestions/guidance/words of encouragement? ...
I'm going to try putting the lovey between us when I nurse him before bed... What a great idea!
I can't be the only one with an awake baby right now on the East Coast. DS has been up since 3AM just chatting away... Discussion of sleep habits/routines? DS is 6 months and while he usually doesn't wake up to play in the middle of the night he does still wake up 3-4 times between when he goes to sleep and when he's up for the day. We don't really have a set routine, but he generally goes down between 830 and 10pm to wake up between 730 and 930am. We try to keep him...