or Connect

Posts by snowydays

Well into the 3rd tri here! I am 29 weeks now and don't really feel very big yet. People still say 'so where's the baby?' But I wear clothes that cover it pretty well I guess. I don't want to be walking around with a very obvious bulge, it still seems like fat from the front but from the side you can tell it's a baby in there. Maybe I will be daring at church today and take my cardigan off!   I don't feel very prepared at all yet, the only thing I have purchased is the...
I have just bought my pram this week, that's the only thing purchased so far! It was a really good deal from a thrift store, I will wash it thoroughly before baby comes even though it looks spotless. It's the exact style I was hoping to find, I love it! Converts from a pram into a push chair, can face forwards or backwards, has a big basket underneath, plus it came with the raincover, insect net, matress and footmuff! It's a navy and green color which suits me great as I'm...
Thank you all! I am feeling better due to eating a very bland diet right now and until I have the surgery. I'm expecting it to be about 3 months after the birth giving me time to recover first. It will be hard though because I plan to breastfeed again, so will need to express plenty and get baby used to a bottle too before I go in. I might only be in one day as it's keyhole surgery, so that's good but obviously expecting pain and soreness for several days afterwards. So I...
I've had a really rough couple of weeks, had to spend a few days in hospital and been told I will need an operation once I've given birth. I don't want to go into details here, had enough stressing over it, but wanted to vent. It shouldn't have any impact on the baby, it's just making my life a lot more difficult on a daily basis and that will continue until after she is born, as they won't operate until then.    I'm pretty bummed about it because I had no problems for...
Finally from 22 weeks I have felt the baby move every day this week! The movement is always near my belly button, so I'm guessing she's maybe laying accross with arms and legs upwards, I feel kicks during late morning and more so in the mid afternoon. I'm also able to feel them on the outside when I put my hand over my stomach in that area, which is quite amazing.   Now I can feel her it's definitely helping me to bond  
Yes! I wake up every 3ish hours to go pee it's so annoying but I had a weak bladder before so used to wake up twice in the night, now it's 3 or 4 times. I try not to drink too much before bed but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I also wake up some nights with a really dry mouth and have to have a big drink which doesn't help the peeing!   I toss and turn before getting back to sleep but always do get back to sleep thankfully.   I do find I'm more tired and I...
I only have the middle name picked out so far (my sister's forename) but for a first name I'm also stuck. There's plenty of time to choose one so I'm not stressed about it. I will have to check out those name sites. I do have one name but I'm going back and forth with it a lot so not sure that's a good sign!
Great! I would like to have this item out of the way, but feel overwhelmed by all the choices. I know the style I want and hoping one turns up at the thrift store in good condition. It can be front or rear facing, in a full pram position for younger baby, then converts into more of a stroller later which is higher up than regular strollers. I had this style for my son and loved it.  How do you all feel about the color of big items like the stroller and car seats? The car...
I have an anterior placenta this time and the only thing I've noticed to be different so far, is with my first baby I felt movement from 20 weeks, but with this one I didn't feel it until 22 weeks. I haven't been told anything about there being any risks with the birth due to anterior placenta, I wouldn't guess so as the only thing I've read to be concerned about is if the placenta is low down in the way of pushing the baby out. I have read the placenta can move around...