or Connect

Posts by Sparatikness

I thought I would report back again at 4 weeks + 2 days pp. placenta pills are wonderful!!! I have felt very nice. Forgot to take them yesterday afternoon/evening and started to feel icky. What will I do when they run out??
Any thoughts on this? I've had trouble with the pill, an IUD and repeated infections from the diaphragm. Condoms just suck. Someone recommended the patch for less hormones. I need to decide soon. Six weeks is coming soon and I don't want to wait any more! :-D
Yeah I didn't know. Seems prizes are given for how quickly you can get back on your feet. I'm a super active person so I fight to make myself stay down. I've heard from women that they were very active early on but then weeks later it caught up to them. My doula told me to take the energy bursts and add them to the reserve until I'm at 100% again, instead of using up those bursts of energy. I've noticed brain cells lighting up again too but only when I stay down. Having...
I'm part of the Jan 2014 dd club and am 2.5 weeks pp. I'm posting an amazing blog post as a reminder to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF DURING THIS TIME! I wish I would have known this a few weeks ago. After reading this I'm now enjoying days (Unshowered) lounging in PJs, watching reality tv and movies and nursing my baby. I just came out of a two week marathon of breast feeding madness and stress so I'm allowing myself to focus only on breast feeding and not worry about anything...
I've had my baby since I last wrote and wanted to share. Sometimes things don't go as planned! I ended up having to be induced after 12 hrs of nothing happening after water broke. I was anxious but they started me off on lowest dose. Within two hours contractions started and escalated nicely for 8 hrs, until I was 7cm. I held out that long with Pitocin contractions using deep breathing until it was too deep and intense and realized I needed help. Went with a walking...
I had it done and am at 13 days pp. I have moments of insanity but overall they make me feel more evened-out. Watch out for the extra energy they give;makes you want to do more than perhaps you should.
So great to read all these responses. I don't feel so insane now. I'm 13 days pp with my first. First week had major problems bf; latch was great, milk production slow so we tried 3-4 different techniques that put me over the edge; not enough time for all this stuff plus the self care needed to make milk. I'm pumping like a maniac, feeding her from breast and finishing with formula/bottle. That's all I can do to get through this and hope milk flows more. I'm pumping 1-2 oz...
Ophelialove, I don't think anyone here meant to offend you in any way or take anything away from your personal experience. You actually should get a medal for dealing with sick kids during late pregnancy AND an ice storm without power! To epi or not is a pretty personal choice and many women have different opinions for sure. I do think there are women who are made to feel guilty if they decide to have an epidural, as if they failed during child birth, and that I feel is...
Wildmonkeys yes! I've been freelancing for about 13 years (with a few full time jobs in the mix) and this is my biggest struggle. And I've done it all without kids so I can't imagine this routine with kids! I'm due Jan 14 so I'll know soon enough.    Is it one contract job taking up all your time or a number of projects adding up? I have found that taking on too many smaller projects gives me the most problems. I love the thought of all that money rolling in but when I'm...
This site has been a saving grace for me. It's been so nice to read what others are going through, even if it's not the same. This is one site where people actually respond! I'm nearing the end at 37 weeks and am struggling, crawling to that finish line. Is that the "wall" you're referring to? If so I've had quite a few with this pregnancy. My date is 1/14 and I hope she's not later! I've had many women tell me that the bad physical feelings/symptoms disappear the second...