or Connect

Posts by EstherRose

agree completely - I am not at all interested in CIO. And putting her down before she is asleep = crying! Hence my dilemma. Hubby has done practically no nighttime duty since birth so it would be big shock to her...but I can see why distance from nursies might be better than being right next to nursies but not getting them! Thanks:)
I happily nurse my 15mo DD but we are in the classic nurse-to-sleep and nurse-all-night breastfeeding/cosleeping dynamic that was fine for the first year but I'm ready to break. Partially this is because if I return to work I might be working some nights. So, first step I always see is putting baby to bed still awake, not nursing all the way to sleep (step one of Dr Gordon's method, in Pantley's No Cry book, etc).    My question is -- has anyone successfully changed this...
I wish I had advice for you, but I don't - nursing my own 15mo to sleep for naps, for bed, and many night wake ups. Just wanted to wish you luck and let you know I know how daunted you must feel! I'm right there with you (minus the pregnancy!) I agree that Jay Gordon's method seems like a good place to start. I also did get "Nursies when the sun shines" for her, although just reading it didn't magically work (haha). Good luck and please keep posted if you give anything a...
My first came 5 weeks early - which was a big surprise to me - and the labor was fast & furious. I was terrified and could only think, "this isn't supposed to be happening yet!" All in all I pushed maybe 20 min or so, but for the first part I was literally closing my legs. I just didn't want it to happen. I'm a midwife, and the intensity of this emotional reaction was a huge lesson!! Our minds are truly mighty, and can make a difference in labor and birth...but in the end,...
Yes, katelove, that's how we celebrated out anniversary back over the summer, matinee and early dinner back for bedtime. We certainly could try more of that. But I would really love to find a way to escape after the sun goes down...starting to feel trapped & resentful and I know the rare break will help keep our bf relationship going longer, and keep dh supportive.
Hi all, I'm new to this site:) Looking for advice and encouragement to help me get out with DH for a dinner/movie date night. The concept feels daunting right now. DD is 1yo, nurses to sleep for naps, bedtime, and her many night wakings (every 3hrs on a good night, every 1-2 whenever there is a cold/tooth/milestone aka often). She naps in her crib and starts the night there (7ish), then comes to bed with us at one of the night wakings to cosleep. I have hardly been out of...