or Connect

Posts by Messac888

I haven't had pheasant since I was a kid but, as fate would have it, I will have some in my home tomorrow.  All the recipes I have found on-line look hideous (to be frank, I'm a bit of a wholefood snob and can't fathom putting onion powder all over something as wonderful as a pheasant).  Does anyone on here have any more natural recipes that may be tasty?  Please share!
No one believes me when I say soup is my favorite food, but I'm not exactly cracking open a can and dumping it into a pot, if you know what I mean!   I love chili but my current absolute favorite is cran and corn chowder, compliments of a cookbook called "BUTTER" that was originally bought for my brother in law as a gag gift (he ate a stick of butter for a bet once) but once I looked through it I decided to keep it, lol.  My other faves include chickpea and spinach...
The only reason I wouldn't give other liquids at this age is so the nursing is strong yet.  Mind you, my kids wean around 2 years of age...  I was more cautious by baby #4 in terms of introducing one food at a time, but that's because the first and third kids have some weird sensitivities and for that reason I was more cautious with this last kid.  However, the food issues they have are fairly unusual (additives, food coloring, gluten and dairy) and I wouldn't have paced...
I know that if it is labeled Organic that it cannot include any GMO ingredients in it.   Most anything can be called natural, even if it isn't really that natural at all.   If it's GMO it is not currently required to be labeled as such, at least that I know of.    I don't shop Trader Joe's and havene't even heard of the other store.  We do our best to stick with the local co-op but not every place has one, unfortunately.  I try not to get the produce at the...
I don't have a pumpkin bread recipe memorized, so I can't help with that (I'm not at home and don't have the internet there) but I remember my cream cheese frosting recipe.  There's actually two.   #1  Someone else's recipe        8 oz butter      8 oz cream cheese      1 tsp vanilla      1 pound powdered sugar        Mix all together, frost items and eat.     #2  My recipe (and the tastier one of the two)        16 oz cream cheese      1...
You know, if you're thinking of going with just the one dose instead of the four because 'either way he wouldn't be' immune or whatever, then...why do even the one? I go back and forth on the vax issue on a regular basis, but right now my dd, age 3, has whooping cough. We wouldn't even realize it's what she has had we not been informed she'd been exposed to it. Sigh... She's perfectly fine, will have permanent immunity as a result, and no vax side-effects. I will...
I used to be vegetarian after a fairly long struggle with food in general. I LOVED being vegetarian- and only switched back to a meat-eating diet because of pregnancies. My ds (7) loves meat, dd (5) hates it, and dds (3 & 1) are dairy-intolerant so they can't have much non-animal protein. To top it off, dd (3) seems to have problems with nuts (refuses to eat them so I don't force the issue) which leaves us with.....BEANS. None of the kids are too enthused about beans. ...
Sometimes I think self-education can be difficult. After all, when you know better, you want to do better. That said, I stopped beating myself up for wanting Cheetos once in a while and I just get them if I'm in the mood. I just don't share with the kids. I think everything in moderation is key. If you're eating well, or were eating well, and now you aren't eating grains and it feels like it's wrong, then it's probably wrong. Listen to those instincts. I love...
Whenever I'm pregnant (which seems to be fairly often, I must admit) protein is usually a bit of an issue, but this last baby made it terrible. It was to the point that I bought a jar of babyfood applesauce (for the jar) and kept peanut butter in there, and kept it in my purse. When I started feeling hungry I'd eat a few finger-fulls of PB before my blood sugar could drop too low too fast. I was just thankful that no one asked why my purse always smelled of peanut...
The paint on our house is peeling- lead paint apparently, and she eats the dirt in the backyard. So much for letting them get good and dirty outside...