or Connect

Posts by lisarussell

My kids are free to choose video games all day if they wish, but there are so many other fun things to do and they don't often choose that. When they do, it doesn't bother me any more than they're bothered when I choose to clean all day, talk on the phone with my sister for 3 hours or get lost in a novel.     I think the line between lazy and radical unschooling is ten thousand miles apart.    RU (to me anyhow) involves a LOT of time following their interests. it...
Hi, I'm Lisa (hence the creative forum name) and I have 6 girls. My oldest two are in school this year for the first time ever and I'm finding suddenly I have less time to work (90 minutes of driving each day and no one to help me make lunch for the 4 younger ones). SO I haven't gotten much work done this week Luckily, my Suite101 check from August will be big. I also write for Demand Studios. They're very different and I love them both for different reasons (fast cash...
I think that since you have little to no competition for cloth tampons then it would be best to just set up your own site. If you use etsy, it would be a secondary avenue to your product and not a primary source of traffic / sales right away. In a nutshell, SEO just means that you're using the same language your customers would use. For example, when new people look for your product, they will search for "cloth tampons" or "reusable tampons" and things like that. They...
the socialite plugin for wordpress automatically updates your twitter & facebook with your most recent post, every time your feed is updated I also use socialoomph to set up auto-tweets and status updates for my work on other sites, especially seasonal articles that I wrote years ago
My advice- is not to expect the world to notice without some work. How are you marketing? Do you have a plan for social networking? How will you "get the word out" about your business? And congratulations
I'm loving the feedback here- yes, I hope someone posts some links to research about play- there's so much to back up this philosophy. kids learn BEST through play- that's why schools try to "make learning fun" but the fact is- it's ALREADY fun, nothing is more fun to a child than exploring their interests (and learning more about the things they're interested in) Embrace his interests and you might feel better buying books, games or taking him on field trips that...
we used one for a while- like 5 yrs- they paid for tons of dance lessons. I have a big family, though and the reporting requirements were just a pain in the butt- we had to call every week, plus I had monthly reports to fill out for every subject- for 4 kids and I had to tell my kids what the 'school" equivalent of their life experiences were "remember when you were figuring out the mileage for our trip to CA, schools call that math..." and it just go to be too difficult...
Personally- I'd embrace that energy and hope it stays with her her whole life. Look at each thing you're "teaching" and see if it can be conveyed without sitting down. You don't want to teach her that learning is boring or against her nature. There's no reason to duplicate a classroom at home, homeschooling is so much better than that. My girls do most of their learning through conversation. Kids learn best by asking questions, not answering them. Let her be energetic,...
Welcome Etoy, your RV sounds awesome- 3 bedrooms? Wow Your adventure sounds like an education all its own, I can't imagine the boys would need much more than the stimulation of some serious traveling to keep their wheels turning. Nicole- congratulations, I'm not sure what Florida's homebirth laws are, but you might want to check into that while you're planning, if you plan to birth outside of a hospital. Especially if you think you want to hire a midwife. I'm a UC...
Redbubble.com is a newer one I've heard great things about Also- here's an article with a link to a free ebook- all about selling stock photography online http://30queries30days.com/wordpress...photos-online/