or Connect

Posts by glendora

Are we still not allowed to "reference other threads?"   The name is inspired by Zoebird.  Heh.  That thread is still here.
There was/is(?) a separate board at a non-mothering url for retired mods, too.  And, they definitely link to us. 
To address the concerns about the "private boards."   It was around back when Surviving Abuse (I think?  It's been a few years) was private.  Posters at TWWS had access.  Those threads were not discussed. If anyone had attempted to bring them, they would have been told off and condemned.   I think there's an impression that TWWS is a free-for-all or like, FARK for mommies, or something, and that's not really the case.  Not that some folks here will believe it,...
I feel obligated to post.   TWWS isn't an MDC spin off.  It's a spin off from a board called MamaDrama.  They experienced a big influx of frustrated MDCers in 2007/08, they got tired of us, and they told us to get lost.  We did.   I bailed here because of the moderation. I was tired of being "warned" for "taking issue" with people spreading lies and dangerous misinformation. I was tired of threads disappearing.  The deletion of the atheist threads.  The killing...
It's an 19th Century mystic religious movement, that's an breakaway sect from another mystic religious movement, theosophy. Stiener's interpretation, in particular, focuses on meditation as a way to achieve the tippy top of human evolution. But he didn't want it to be Eastern meditation, because he felt that Jesus was the apex of human evolution, that his vision of mystical Christianity was the apex of the development human religion, and that "natural science" (which,...
Not liking your cultural heritage isn't the same thing as not having a cultural heritage.
Not especially "natural," but the earlier the surgery is done, the better off she may be in terms of learning to use her hands. If you persue it, you may end up out of state for that sort of surgery (there are several children's hospitals in the country that specialize in orthopedics and hand disorders) and they probably won't be able to do that sort of surgery on a newborn. I'd imagine that she might be eligible closer to a year old. My brother underwent therapeutic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Thisbirdwillfly This issue is very much on my mind as my only child is now a high school senior (wasn't he just a toddler?!) If I might be so bold as to share some things I've learned, perhaps they can be of some help. 1. Start looking at colleges/financial aid your kids Sophomore year of high school. Yes, I'm serious. There are so many misconceptions about paying for college, I could not begin to address them all. ...
Continue the block feeding. My ds had exactly that reaction to eggs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maeve There's a difference between courage and being rude to your child who is just trying to do something nice. Yeah, when you're imprisoned fighting for the rights of other mother's to be rude to their children, THEN maybe there will be some scant connection to Paul. As it is now, I'd compare it more to that guy in Forrest Gump that hits Jenny and blames it on LBJ.