or Connect

Posts by EineMutti

This is a weird debate. Do people REALLY doubt families whose babies suffered and died from diphtheria? Really?   Do the tiny details really matter? It HAPPENED! WTF???
Scotland is full of Diphtheria family graves. Because population is small, gravesites are not changed.   My auntie's grave is in Germany and after 20 years, it was taken over by someone else.
My aunt died of diphtheria at age four. My grandad sat with her all night, while she choked to death in a horrible, horrible battle for life that she lost. He was never right after that and never connected with his subsequent daughters, feared getting as close to them as he had to his first little girl. This has caused SO much upset and tension decades later. My mum and her four sisters never really got to know their broken daddy very well. He turned to chain-smoking and...
My friend's newborns had whooping cough when I was 37 weeks. It then went round the village in unvaccinated kids. I was mortified and made sure I got mine and DS was up to date! None of us got it, even though we were in contact with people who had it. SCARY!
2nd shots done. This time again, NO reactions whatsoever. Not even a bump on the legs. He is the happiest, smiliest little guy who is now giving us belly chuckles. Was a bit worried about the location of shots as I wear him a lot, so they gave them to him a little higher and more in the middle rather than the sides of the leg. He just flinched a little, gave a whimper, bf, went back in his sling and had a happy walk home, smiling in his new wrap and matching bandana!
Where I stay (Scotland), formula is free for people on benefits. So are fresh fruit and vegetables for breastfeeding mums.
I went to a pub and had an alcohol-free children's cocktail while breastfeeding. The LOOKS I got!!!   Will never do that again.
We can lie down to nurse in the day sometimes, however, it is so hard for me not to fall asleep when I do... But will do it more often.   Thanks for the link, that is EXACTLY what he is doing! He is actually a good sleeper at night, doesn't scream and goes right back to sleep, he just needs the calories.
First one is: he doesn't nurse well anymore when I sit. This is probably my fault as I nursed him in public and used a shawl, covered myself up as much as possible and he hated it. I am the only bf mama in my village, says my health visitor and am very shy to feed in public, but it is sometimes necessary when he has a growth spurt. Or I want to DO things. I hate being stuck in the house.   Second one is... since he now prefers nursing when I lie down with him, he nurses...
Hi there! You have been doing AMAZING! Without that determination of yours, it is likely, that your daughter wouldn't even be here now. It is completely understandable that you would want some good nights sleep just now.   It may be time to introduce a lovey, a wee object that she can hold on to and comfort herself with, like her favourite cuddly animal. Stick it in your bra (to make it smell like you and have her stroke it while you nurse), make sure she cuddles it,...