or Connect

Posts by Aeress

I was following along but hadn't posted. Everyone is making great progress.   Living Room  I cleaned under the couches and moved them around. I also realized that the couches need a major cleaning, so that will be added to my list. Put away a whole bunch of clutter I still need to organize the dvd area and wii area   Front Entry We don't use this area but it is where our main closet is. I need to clean that totally out and organize. Replace the metal...
The not eating thing wouldn't have bothered me. If she was rude, didn't at least try to chat with you/family, then yes, it is rude.   For me, if people assumed I disliked their food, or that I was insulting them if I didn't eat, i would be terribly hurt- I have IBS and anxiety, which in some settings, it is hard for me to eat, even though I want to. It is also hard to share these things with people, so I do try to eat a little but often times I don't. I love my...
Not fast food, like drive through, but we have a small local place that has amazing soup and sandwiches. They aren't all that healthy but they are made fresh, and the soup is homemade. They also have dessert. I get the soup, a decaf coffee, and a nibble of whatever treat the kids get. It is my new "I need a break" favorite. I also pick up subway when I am hungry at night. MY dh loved taco bell for late night cravings.   It is a stress thing or period thing for me, I...
All this food- oh, it sounds so good! I am trying out a new diet (life style change) that naturally helps anxiety. While I feel better when I am dairy free, I also think it is time to either switch out some of the grains I eat or eliminate them. I am reading resources now, and mentally preparing myself for the changes. I love change, but not food change.   Samhain- I haven't decorated at all. :( You know what is weird, I feel connected to the season but don't feel...
Mornin' dears!   DOK- :( How sad that your Mom won't be there for you. *hugs* I wish I lived closer.   Being In the Closet- While I call myself pagan, I think I am more UU focused right now. I am solitary anyways, so I don't always share every ritual, even with my family. For me, it is DEEPLY, personal. How I connect with the earth, the dirt, the Goddess (I really only connect with Brigid) comes out in my every day life, and I imagine people who are also earth...
Since NAEYC revised their stance on technology for young children, I am not surprised by this and I expect to see it more in the future. I DO NOT agree with computers in the classroom for the young children to use on a regular basis, especially for toddlers.    
Pampered Mom- I think your path will resonate with many of us on this thread. I am out in some ways, and not in others. My family knows some of my beliefs and has chosen to "ignore" others. I have found that my path is still winding, and growing wider in many ways and smaller in others. My journey away from Xtianity started many years ago, but I tried my hardest to tell myself that it was a matter of finding the right church, rather than a new belief. We were even...
We got side tracked at the end of the week. I am trying to jump back in today but it is hard.   I am doing a general declutter today though. Things have accumulated over the last few weeks. Blech
Afternoon Dears! I just started some fall decorating, my goal is to do it tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, I am entering a pumpkin pie contest, mine is a pecan, caramel and pumpkin pie. Sounds good, right? I need to clean the kitchen and then I can begin baking.   I am a bit behind. Sending love to all!
Is this because no ones uses the Dewey system anymore?   Yes, I find it odd, to say the least.