or Connect

Posts by VexedMind

Well, l filled out an application for Girl Scouts back in August, and finally got a reply about a week ago.  We haven't finished getting that all sorted.  As for meetup and such, I joined probably 10 groups, a few of which were child related.  That was a couple days ago, so we haven't had a chance to go to any activities yet.  And sadly my daughter is too old for story time at the library.  We do go and check out books ourselves, but they only have story time through...
Hello!  I was wondering if anybody had some advice for me.  My family just moved to Pensacola, FL and the only person I know here aside from my children and husband is his mother. I love her and we get along fantastically, but I really want a friend or two for myself, and especially for my daughter.  My son is 10 and goes to public school, but my daughter is 6 and homeschooled.  (My son wanted public school and made homeschooling miserable and downright impossible).  I've...
Thank you all so much for the responses.  I still haven't decided whether my daughter will go to school or not (I feel guilty for thinking it, but then I feel guilty for her not having any friends at all!)  but if she does, I'll go the religious exemption route.  The health department location for the form is a few miles away from our house, so that's handy as well.   Thank you all again!
Hello!  My family just moved here a few months ago, and I don't know a soul (aside from my mother in law, who's awesome!).  We have two kids, our son is 10 and our daughter is 6.  I've been trying to find friends for them (and myself!) but am having a really difficult time meeting anybody.   We're mostly at home or at the beach.  Sometimes we venture over to the Perdido Key Kids Park.  
Hi there!  My husband spent his teen years in Pensacola, and our children and I moved to his childhood home there about 4 months ago, and he'll be joining us this coming weekend.  We have a son (10) and a daughter (6).  I homeschool our daughter and have been desperately trying to find friends for myself and for our kids (especially our daughter since she's homeschooled).      I was going to send you a PM but it says I don't have permission, I assume because I just...
My family used to live in California, and then Idaho, which both allow philosophical exemption from vaccines. We moved to Florida 4 months ago, and they do not have the same exemption here, only medical and religious. My son (10) was fully vaxxed, and has been diagnosed with Asperger's. My daughter (6) was vaxxed under 1, but has received none since then. She is currently homeschooled, but I'm considering putting her in public school for socialization (I've contacted...