or Connect

Posts by m&m

Yes I did that all last year - but we did put the 3 yr old in a stroller most days or I'd have to carry her for half of it. The biggest problem was getting soaked in the rain, walking back home and then having to trun around a hour later to pick up dd again. i would invest in some good running shoes.
Well I hate to say this but it could just be the age. My first stopped napping at 18 months, my second at 24 months. And Yes I nursed them both for many months thereafter so it was not weaning. I found that things did have to change, and I really missed those special one-on-one moments with my first. But as they age, their needs change, and they begin to play together without me more, and alone more. So you may find that it will work itself out on its own. And the...
I agree that he can guide you as to whether or not it is too intense for him. Although I would try to limit his exposure to the worst of it. My 4 year old dd is really into talking about blood, death, injuries, dragons, pirates, etc. At first we thought she would get scared, but it actually has the opposite effect. The more facts she knows the better she can handle things. I could see her wanting to know about forensic science when she gets older. Problem is that...
Well there were two private schools we looked into. One was for gifted students, had extremely high tuition, emphasis on chess and math, and was over an hour away. The other was a Waldorf school, with pretty high tuition and over an hour away in the other direction. The tuitions and distances made them very unappealing. And even though they were better at accomodating our needs than the public school, they are still schools. My daughter is a fast learner and is all...
Well it sounds extreme. My dd'd old school had an open door policy and even a gradual first week for the younger grades. They did have to change their drop off policy and their parent visits had to start being reported due to some known sex offenders in the neighborhood, but otherwise they still allow visits. But the principal always went walking around asking if we should be there. (the K's were half days so the parents with younger siblings would use the...
Well it was not acequate to our needs. The school suggested an enrichment class (pull her out for 1 or two classes, or perhaps have a tutor during recess and lunch). But they did not recommend skipping grades. We might have taken that option as she is 2-3 grades ahead in all subjects and was acting out due to boredom. There were 3 gifted kids in the school that they knew of - not much to form their own clubs, etc. We were told that they would offer testing and...
I know you said you are "sure" that she is ADHD - but are you? Does she really fit all of the criteria? Does she get easily distracted from every single tast even those that she is very interested in? Can she not sit still doing something that she enjoys for at least 30 min? These are huge markers for ADD ADHD that are not something else. The reason that I am asking is that my dd had problems in school and the teacher hinted at ADHD - but I looked into it, and took her...
After 1 yr the drs recommend mixing formula with cereal until it is so thick the baby is only eating from a spoon and not from a bottle. They also recommend watered down juice or water in sippy cups - some recommend cows / goats/ soy/ rice milk but also a vitamin D supplement. We bf until 25 months - and also gave water, a table foods (never cereal). Although now my youngest will only drink cows milk if it has sweetener in it.
well Our local recycling plant sells products made from recycled materials. They sell sweaters, blankets, benches, faux wood (it is recycled and put in the form of a 2X4 or something for building with), paper, bottles, and much more. They offer a video for schools on what they do with which products. And of course not all plants can handle all materials (hense the numbers on the bottom of plastics, etc.). So some things might actually go to the dump as well.
My dd loved the Chronicles of Narnia, Droon series, The Wizard of Oz books, and Fairy Realm series. But she's into magic, fantasy and all that.