or Connect

Posts by happyhiker&littlehikers

My ds is 5 and a half and he just 'weaned' himself from co-sleeping in the last 3 months.One night he just got into his bed(which we have mostly used for company in the past)and from then on... and sometimes he gets in his sleeping bag on the floor(I don't know why).But I think he likes having his own free space lately.My two daughters,now grown,did the same at about the same age,one was six I think.Ds crawls in with me in the morning for a few minutes while he's just...
I read once in a newsletter from our co-op store that if you were to microwave a glass of water and let it cool,then plant a seed and use that microwaved water to water it with,it will not sprout.I never tried this experiment.But I believed it.I never wanted a microwave,but that article clinched it for me! Lisa
I'm a single mom with just one still at home-4yrold ds. I work nights so I can be with him and (unschool him) while he's awake.I used to do daycare when I had a house with a yard and loved it.I was able to provide a pretty cool home for my kids plus foster kids too.That was great because we had a terrific energy flow and lots of good company around the dinner table. I miss doing the daycare sometimes.Made more money than I do now,that's for sure. This seems to be working...
here,here Lisa
Yes I will let them play together,I will also provide care for foster children who are HIV positive.If everyone learns universal precautions and teaches their children univ.prec., then we can let our kids enjoy each other.Because not everyone with HIV is open about it Hmmmm...wonder why. We had a friend w/HIV pos child.This was years ago before the current treatments were available.Being friends with this child was a priveledge. We just educated ourselves on how we could...
Hi. I hope you enjoy being a lisc. provider as much as I did.I did it for many years.I had a big house and yard then and now hesitate to do it in my upstairs apt., but I might find a way to make it work here in the near future because I loved it.I made better money than I do now and felt great about what I was providing. Part of that satisfaction was that,much like you, I was offering something different. I found I never had any trouble getting more than enough families to...
When my girls were younger we would discuss this from time to time.At times they did want to go to school,as they got older.I supported their decisions.A couple of times my oldest went for a couple of months and changed back to home school.I let her try it and her curiosity was satisfied.It was a good reminder as to why we homeschooled. My younger daughter did the same thing.In second and fifth grades she opted for public school,finishing out the year in each grade.She...
My ds is 4,my dds are 17 and 22. All are/have been homeschooled. I just go with what they are interested in and try to embrace it-whatever it is we try to jump in with both feet. This has worked well for us. Both girls were reading before they were 5.No drills. My oldest graduated from an independent study program with honors and academic scholarships. The times in our schooling when we were in rigid structured programs were the worst times for us. That was when we got...
I strongly suggest you do some 'surprise' walk throughs or visits at various times of the day.Not nap time of course,but maybe shortly before and shortly after. They have a period of time when most parents are dropping off their kids in which they do all the things that look good. But later in the day, when no parents are likely to be around, the quality,in my opinion,goes way down.I'm not saying I've seen anything horrendous,but I would not keep my son there.Also if you...
Abbiesmommyhat proportions of vinegar & water do you use in your steam cleaner?We really want to try this.Great idea. Thanks,Lisa