or Connect

Posts by Cindy Scott

Hi there!I'm new to the forum, but have lots of Montessori teaching experience.  Your post caught my eye because of the age of your child, and I think you are right to be questioning the number of hours per week he would be away from you. Just because the program is of high quality, it doesn't over ride the need for the parent to parent whenever possible.  If Montessori programs are honest with themselves, they would see their role strictly as excellent child development...
Sometimes teachers feel that they need to bear down in the beginning of the year to establish expectations, and I guess that is true to a degree. In my opinion, that is still no excuse for the authoritarian disciplinary approach of this particular teacher!  I hope you have seen things improve in your son's classroom by now, but honestly, I would be worried that they would deteriorate rather than improve. The children are learning they have no voice, and their fate is out...
Hi! I am Cindy from Estes Park, Colorado. Children have been the common thread and love throughout my life, and this forum looks like a very friendly and supportive place to hang out.  I taught in Montessori schools for 25 years and am a grandmother of lots of boys and just one girl. One of the parts of teaching I miss more than I expected is my connection with the parents.  I always loved helping them see the big picture of what was going on with their individual...