or Connect

Posts by SarahWW

Just wanted to respond to you mentioning you don't have a TJ's or WF around.... Both are good places to pick up a few things for cheap, but it can be rather hit-and-miss. So much soy! in everything! everywhere! It can be rather frustrating.   I have actually had good luck shopping at Aldi's, of all places. They offer organic frozen fruit and veg at good prices. And because they are "low-grade" I have often found double yolks in their eggs, which makes me smile in the...
I'm in GA, so not sure what the law and customs in OH are.   But your best bet is to put your wishes in your birth plan. I had a whole section on "newborn procedures" in mine. When you're tired and adjusting to the baby it helps to have a piece of paper you can hand to your nurse. It also helps to say "I'm having all medical procedures handled by the pediatrician." That way you assure the staff that you are being responsible.   I got the oral K from the pediatrician....
How I came up with this is a long story, but I just started doing this "hack" and wanted to share.   Take an Alva 4.0 (the one with the crazy snaps and double gusset that isn't) and sew a snap into each of the four corners of the insert flap (I used the regular metal snaps sold on a roll from Jo-Anns, it isn't a perfect match the the G snaps, but it does work). Snap a Gdiaper liner into it. Stuff the liner with your choice of insert.   At the moment I have a M/L liner...
Dahlia, worrying is so easy, isn't it?   Honestly, it may be a supply issue. My boy will cluster feed at night (which I don't mind since then he lets me sleep a good chunk of time) and sometimes when we lay down and do the one-last-side feeding nothing will happen - I don't get letdown and he'll quickly start the twisting and nibbling routine. After a few minutes of me relatching him trying to make something happen, and him banging his fist on my chest, I give up and...
 I'm not very good at hand-expressing, but I feel empty. Sometimes some milk does come out, and then I usually can get him to nurse for a few more minutes. Just now when I was nursing him he started his twisting, and then fussed and did some frustrated crying and beating his fist on my chest while latched on. I took him off, which made him cry, and switched him to the other side. After nursing there he seems to have gotten enough - for now. I've never had a second let down...
Hi, just registered - I came to this forum when I was looking for answers and didn't have anyone to turn to. You've already been very helpful!   I am nursing a 7wo and - he's doing something odd, and I just can't figure out what exactly is going on. He is growing well, and having plenty of wet diapers, but I am just puzzled.   I can get him to latch on well at first, and then he sucks well. But then I have letdown, usually within thirty seconds, and it is definitely...