or Connect

Posts by Marilyn82

Jude Wesson was born at 5:20am on 11/25/12 weighing in at 10lb 7oz!   Clifnotes: Homebirth transfer after 3 days of broken water with start/stop type contractions. After all was said and done, little Jude was born by repeat c-section. I had an extensive uterine rupture but it was unrelated to my previous cesareans (or at least from what we can tell, as it was not at the site of my previous incision). Fortunately it must have happened as I was already getting prepped...
I haven't posted on this board as much as I had intended, but thought I'd add my little one to the tally :)   Jude Wesson born at 5:20am on 11/25/12 (39+2 - my first time not going past my EDD and totally unexpected lol) and was 10lb 7oz.   Jude was born by repeat c-section due to failure to progress so I did not get my HBA2C unfortunately. We transferred at my request after my water broke on Thursday morning with only prodromal-type labor pattern until Sat...
Needing to vent for a minute. I'm so fed up!   My water broke at around 10:30 thursday morning. Had a few cx here and there but they didn't pick up and get regular until about 9pm. Had pretty strong cx most of the night but they were irregular and kind of short.. they were 3 mins apart/1 min long for several hours and then started only lasting 30-45 secs or so and then began spacing out. I tried walking several times, changing positions, showering, etc and finally...
I'm not sure I would have any clue if I was feelin birthy or not, LOL! With DS, I never went into labor and with DD, I was THREE weeks past my due date (which I'm sure was accurate since I was charting at the time) and in denial for the entire day that I was in labor, even with cx coming 2-3 minutes apart and lasting an hour after getting progressively longer/stronger/closer together and hurting me all dang day.   With this babe, I really don't even know how far...
Ack OMG! I mean, I realize it's kind of late at this point but NO you do not have to schedule a third c-section because of your previous ones! Some good info has already been posted but I just wanted to chime in, as I am currently planning a homebirth after two previous cesareans (with no previous vaginal births btw). It's just your OBs policy, not medically necessary! Best of luck mama, keep us posted!
My DS was a cesarean at 40 weeks and I never went into labor but wasn't showing any signs of it, that's for sure! DD was born at a full 43 weeks (actually 43 +1 by the time I actually had her lol...went into labor at 43 on the dot). So yeah....I like em well done :) In all seriousness I pretty much plan on being 42 and will count myself lucky if it doesn't go past that, but you know...whatev.   I do have the added issue of the fact that I don't even really know my...
Ok so I'm TERRIBLE at gifts, like truly. I don't know why.   I want to get my midwife a gift but nothing has sounded quite right....but look what I found! https://umbabox.com/   I think I'm going to get her a 3 month subscription, she loves handmade stuff! I'm so excited, I had to share!
You know, to be honest, I kind of had a similar experience with BFW classes. Back when I was getting my labor doula certification, I had to audit a series of CB classes. Not being preggo at the time, and feeling like I was on the up and up with basics, I thought BFW would be a cool one to do. I know so many doulas/midwives who love that method after reading the book and attending the classes, I always felt like an outsider because I'm not really that into it. There are...
Hi Guys (Gals!),   I know I'm not the most active mama in terms of posting, but normally I read through all the threads religiously. I missed the entire weekly thread last week because it was just one of THOSE kinds of weeks; and I really missed hearing about what was going on with all of you! I'm going to read through it after this just so I can catch up! Is it just me or do we not have the most interesting group of mamas in this DDC? I truly find you all...
Yep, I'm the same way. Letting go is really hard for me, but so important in labor...so I have learned. I've been planning on re reading that one. I read it long ago when becoming a doula, and read bits and pieces of it again when I was actively attending births but it's been years since I've looked at it. I was thinking I really want to read that one again before this labor.   I had my MW appt. last night and was kind of going over my feelings about the upcoming birth...