or Connect

Posts by Marilyn82

U/S for dating are most reliable if done VERY early (like 7wks or less) and after that can only come within 10 days of accuracy in either direction. I'm kind of in the same boat. Although I do know my LMP, I have historically always had VERY long and irregular cycles. This was my first cycle since having my daughter 18 months previously and I have no idea when I ovulated but it could be quite a range so    As far as doing U/S for gender, sounds like you have some...
    Interesting! I was basically just repeating what I have heard/read. I think it's mentioned in Henci Goer's Obstetric Myths Vs Research Realities but I no longer own that book (I "loaned" it out and never got it back, urgh!) so I can't look it up. Anyway, I'm not comfortable with routine use of either until there are some more long term controlled studies, but I'm interested to learn more! I'm not sure where this originally came from but perhaps it's outdated...
    Agreed! It's all about  having the ability to make informed choices! I'm sorry you had so much trouble in previous pregnancies, hope this one's a little easier on you 
This is OT and I don't want to seem out of line or anything but I did want to say something about the whole car seat thing. I TOTALLY get where you are coming from on the "expiration" thing seeming unnecessary. I kind of thought it was a marketing ploy or something but when I had my daughter I did a little research into it and found out that one reason they do that is because the materials can wear down over time/use and the base/structure can develop tiny fractures that...
Yep! Many people aren't aware of that. U/S uses intermittent sound waves while doppler is more consistent from what I understand.    
Wanted to add that I do not use dopplers either. My MW is willing to use a fetoscope. I will allow limited doppler use during labor (it's much easier at the end of labor when things are really tough to just let them get in quick with the waterproof doppler rather than having to fiddle around with the fetoscope), The doppler uses the same technology as a u/s.
I did not get any u/s with my last baby and am not planning on it with this one at this point either, unless there is an indication for one :)
My daughter will be just barely two when this LO arrives, but we were NOT planning on having another so soon (if at all) so we got rid of a lot of things. I'm considering a crib because although we usually co sleep, I'm thinking about making it into a co sleeper to give us more space. I would like to get a new wrap and/or a Mei Tai. Other than that, a double stroller at some point (though I won't need it till baby is older, I always wear my newbies lol). Oh and I need a...
Just wanted to update that we are definitely planning a HBA2C. I'm kind of nervous to be honest. I've kind of lost faith in my body at this point. I'm also unsure about where "home" will be by the time baby comes and I really hate that uneasy feeling...but I absolutely adore my midwife and I'm going to do my best to keep faith that everything will turn out for the best.
I have had very stong inclinations with my previous two and have been right both times! This pregnancy differs from both of them but is probably more similar to my pregnancy with my son than my daughter. I kind of have a mild "boy" vibe, but don't have the strong feeling I did with my previous kiddos. I prefer a girl for various reasons but of course all I really care about is a healthy baby! We did not find out the sex last time and I generally do not do routine...