or Connect

Posts by Marilyn82

Disclaimer: I am no medical professional, just a doula and wannabe midiwfe but since you are, I'm sure you will know if this is totally wrong, but I have heard that vitamin c (I think the recommendation I heard was 1000 mg daily for the last 6 wks) can actually strengthen the amniotic sac. The woman I heard this from was a doula whose client did this and ended up having her baby en caul (sp?), so the info is purely anecdotal. I would actually really love to know what...
I learned the hard way on this one. my story is a little similar, I had a really good pregnancy (actually it was miserable due to all day sickness the entire time and PUPPS, but i loved it and I was healthy) untill about a week before my due date my bp read 140/80 but went down after laying on my left side. My next visit two days before EDD my bp was 140/90 and laying down was I think 140/85 and I was referred to my backup OB (I was at a freestanding BC) and of course, my...
Quote: Originally Posted by BirthFree If it's on Discovery Health (my guess), they edited the orginal video and added in some weird voice-overs that actually put words out of context - it is MUCH better in original form and I suggest buying it (I watch mine often). But, I don't know where/when... maybe you can look under Discovery Health - they have a program called "Amazing Births" or something like that that I think it was shown with...
My DS's name is Elijah Blaze and if I have another boy, his name will be Caleb (which I know is kinda popular, but I love it), Ryder Inez (or...innes, one of the two) I also like Ezra, Jude and Macaiah. My dh name is Levi, and I really like that one too. My bothers name is Micah Zane Ocean...and I have a friend whose ds's name is Reef.
Hi! I am a birth doula, and I am putting together a newsletter for my clients and I was just wondering if any of you ladies have any suggestions for topics...What's on your minds? Thanks Marilyn
Ok, here are my faves: If I have a girl next time around, her name will be Roxy Mia Oceana or Halea Eden Other girl names I like are: Amorjah (soft J) Edena Telyn My friend is having a baby girl and she has been tossing around names like: Aveline or Avalene Vienna Madeleina Analeise My other girlfriends DD is named Fionna Audrey, and some names she really liked were: Joelle Breena Brenna Noelle or Noella I know someone who named their dd Breena...
I am a birth doula, and I'd be happy to send you a copy of my contract as well. Email me for a copy: mnroper@yahoo.com M
I hope it helps! Keep us posted. Feel, better mama.
I called BW today and they are sending me some info. I am pretty interested in hosting a workshop around here too. I am just really drawn towards them. I am really not too worried about recruiting students. There are lots of doula groups/birth networks here. We'll see I guess!
It sounds like it could be Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. Your pelvis is a kind of a circular bone that goes all around and almost meets in the middle in front. The two sides do not quite touch; there is a small gap between them called the pubic symphysis. This is important to stabilize the pelvis and allow movement. Women with SPD experience alot of pubic pain, more than just the normal aches and pains of pregnancy. Most women find it most painful when they are doing...