or Connect

Posts by Marilyn82

I just got my BFP this evening and am still in shock. I have two other children, my son is 8.5 and my daughter is almost 18 months old. Both of my other children were planned and both took a long time to conceive. My son took 9 months to conceive and my daughter took 2.5 years. I am still nursing my little one and had my first period since getting pregnant with her on Feb 7. My husband and I did have one little slip up barely two weeks after my period, but since I have...
Hi all,   I'm posting because I guess I just want some support from people who have been down this path. I'd love any advice you mamas might have for me.   I believe my son has ADHD (primarily the inattentive type). I guess when I look back, the signs were always there but I chalked it up to immaturity and/or age. Over the past couple of years the symptoms have been much more pronounced. I've suspected ADHD for over a year now but had not really done a lot of...
Thanks for replying!   Well, minimum wage is actually $8.50 here, but I've looked around on Craigslist and it doesn't seem like that is necessarily the going rate for childcare. It's so hard to really tell, but I've seen people paying full Nannies $8-10 per hour for 1-2 children and light household chores...which is obviously more than I'm asking for. It's so hard to tell what the 'going rate' really is. Most people seem to want to discuss the wages over email so...
Hi There,   I currently work FT in an office which is attached to my home. I have an EBF (does not take a bottle) 7 month old DD and a 7.5 year old DS. Hubby is a FT student and works 15 hrs a week, spreading his work time out among weekends, and sporadic nap time hours etc. He is also juggling a lot right now with some other things he has going on that require a lot of appts. etc and work is REALLY busy for me right now, so having DD in the office is extremely...
LOL I have the same thing but in reverse! My ds was way more physical but less verbal at this age, dd also seems better at fine motor skills but he was better at gross motor skills...too funny.     Yep, totally!
Hi Guys! I can't believe how big our little ones have gotten!!!    My little Mila is growing sooo fast! She is a little younger than many of the babies here, thanks to my epic pregnancy lol. She is 7.5 months and sits unsupported well but is not mobile yet.She hates being on her stomach so the extent of her mobility is pretty much just rolling onto her back the moment her stomach touches the ground lol. Actually last night she started rocking back on her knees a...
No, you are right, it is pronounced Mee-la! People are mispronouncing it as My-lah, which I hate lol.   Kelly, those pics of Ozzy are sooo cute, his little cheeks are totally to die for!   mommy2chloerae - So clad to hear your little boy is doing better. It sounds like you are handling it really well (well, as good as can be expected anyway). I hope the medication helps.
OMG I know I'm late to this thread (fell off the face of the earth for awhile lol) but I am seriously LOVING seeing everyone's little ones! I can't believe how big they are already! And is it just me or does our DDC not have the cutest babies EVER??!   My little Mila is 4.5 months (born 10/2..I was 3 weeks overdue lol) and is just so precious. She has such a distinct personality. She is a great sleeper at night, only waking once or twice and going right back to sleep...
Geez I didn't realize those would post so big! I guess I need to learn to re-size lol. sorry about that everyone.
Guys, I haven't been on here in sooo long but love seeing all the little ones! Is it me or did this DDC produce some extra cute babies? lol.   My little Mila (by the way, her name is pronouced MEE-lah and NOT MY-lah which is what people keep thinking lol) is 9 weeks old now and is so much fun! She is so incredibly expressive. she has been smiling big smiles since she was two weeks old but she is very generous with them these days. And she has sooo much to say. She...