or Connect

Posts by Marilyn82

I totally feel you. I wish I was comfortable nursing in public! I feel so guilty, but the truth is I am just not comfortable with it. I have made huge strides in being comfortable nursing in front of friends and relatives, but I'm very self conscious. I have huge breasts too which doesn't help. I can't nurse in public without wrangling the girls around and it's never a discreet affair lol. I usually go to the car.
Thanks so much guys I posted all the info in a seperate thread! She's here!
GIRL!!!! Mila Soleil was born on October 2nd at 6:08 pm (42 weeks 6 days!) via cesarean after a homebirth transport. I'll have to write up the actual birth story, but the the short version is that I finally went into labor Friday morning, hit pretty active labor by that evening, and got to about 7cm by Saturday morning....and stayed that way. After laboring most of the day Saturday with very little progress, I was truly exhausted and made the decision to transport. Baby...
42+5 today. Yesterday I noticed I was getting BHs all day, which is rare for me, I usually get *maybe* 2-3 a day, sometimes more, sometimes less but never all day. I'm still getting them this morning, pretty regularly (I'm not timing them but I want to say maybe every 7-15 minutes?) and they are way more noticeable, they hurt more...still not what I would consider early labor contractions (um, I don't think anyway...but I've never been in labor before either lol). They...
Quote: Originally Posted by bri276 Both pregnancies. Totally ruined my enjoyment of either. Thank you! Thats kind of how I feel too
Thanks Mae...that really does make me feel better I think I needed to hear that someone else has felt the same way and everything was ok.
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsjtc Grrrrrr... I was scheduled for induction at 7 am and got bumped by two women who have cervixes that WORK! Now I have another NST at 2 pm and will try for induction tomorrow morning. At my 38 wk ultrasound, baby was estimated at 9lb4oz. That was 3 weeks ago. Howbig might she be now?! Don't put too much stock intothose size estimates...they are notoriously inaccurate. My neighbor actually just had a cesarean for...
Unfortunately, yes I'm not too happy about it either lol. Can't afford to take maternity leave though, so I'll only be off for like a week after baby is born I'm lucky that I will be able to have baby with me at least part of the time though. Hope the weather doesn't ruin your day today...hey maybe the storm will bring on labor, lol!
I'm getting really anxious lately and just needed to kind of let it out...maybe someone has felt similarly? I'm not anxious about the birth exactly (other than what would be normal lol) and not really anxious about being postdates, but its more about this overpowering worry that something is wrong with the baby. This baby has been really mellow compared to my last, although it's been 7 years since I've been pregnant so maybe I'm just not remembering it clearly. I feel...
Quote: Originally Posted by boatbaby I am lucky to have midwives, but they still have liability issues. So, the gig here is no pit. They can sweep membranes and try "natural" means of induction to 42 weeks. After that, i guess the clock rules. Was up half the night last night with ctx and sort of feeling it again now. I am hoping not to have to worry about the 42+ week issue. Maybe I'll justgo squat in the woods and birth in peace. Yeah,...