or Connect

Posts by newmama2b

This is an issue I've been facing as well with my 5week old. He usually cries right before he pees so sometimes it's hard to tell if he is about-to-go-fussing or annoyed-that-we-are-peeing-him-fussing. Once he starts kicking his legs, turning is body, or otherwise really indicating that he doesn't want to be there--even when it is clear that he is going to pee shortly--we stop and if needed catch in a cloth or just re-diaper. I'd be curious what others with more...
Hi, My husband and I have been ECing with our son since he was about 2weeks old--he communicated so clearly right from the start that I actually caught a poo on his first day of life and a pee the first week before reading "Diaper Free" and intentionally cueing him. I'd say we tend to catch about 60% of the time, keeping him mostly in cloth diapers and taking off when he cues us for potty time. In the past week he seems to have discovered that he has the ability to stop...
For those of you who have done membrane stripping, what was your experience with it like? I've heard that it is very painful?   The one person I know well who had it done to her (without permission!) had terrible cramping so bad that she couldn't sleep and while it did end up working as an induction method, she was so exhausted from the cramping that the labor did not go very smoothly.  Curious to hear if others have had difference experiences with it?
So glad for your good news Amy, was thinking about you! My blood levels were in normal range but low so they are testing again & I have to go back early next week but my bp was normal! Was told that so long as things are normal at next visit then I'll be given all clear. Really do think it was just stress of that day being what it was. A strong reality check of how important it is to take it easy.   And also how as much as we can plan, part of this whole process really...
 I'm not really prepared for how I will handle it if tests do not come back normal tomorrow. I know induction will be on the table but not sure if that means they will want me to go right then and there? Based on family history, my concern up until now was that I would have pressure to induce post 42-weeks....really not expecting this baby to arrive for a few more weeks so if they do recommend inducing now my biggest concern is will it even work?     Pre e is not...
amyc1688, I totally feel you! I'm 38wk and I had high blood pressure today at my appointment today and they tested urine sample on the spot & it showed some protein. They did NST and thankfully baby is doing awesome but my bp did not drop and they ordered blood tests. It's preeclampsia concern for me and if that is the case then they will want to induce.   Midwife said there is some research to suggest calcium intake can help avoid preeclampsia but not enough to really...
merialiss, so sorry for your loss!  I totally hear you on the weather.   On the east coast and it feels like there's a snowstorm everyday. And everything keeps getting canceled and postponed-- very tiresome when trying to get everything done before the baby!! I freelance and have lost out on some work because of the weather too which is hard knowing that I will be taking off so much time soon.    I've stayed fairly active throughout my 2nd and 3rd trimester, which I...
I took the test and am relieved it came back negative so that I don't have to deal with additional decisions/paperwork.   I'm still eating raw garlic in raw honey almost everyday and also yogurt and sometimes raw sauerkraut and occasionally some GT's Kombucha (Mixed opinions on kombucha when pregnant--overall consensus seems to be that something like GT's Enlightened Kombucha should be fine but classic or homemade can be iffy. I stopped drinking it until 35 weeks, then...
Diapers? Things that could last awhile & are consumable like shampoos, diaper creams, laundry detergent? Stuff from Amazon that maybe would benefit the whole family but not necessarily traditional baby stuff? Ultimately you'll still probably get a fair number of cute baby outfits & other stuff...which if they don't get used maybe can be returned for clothes & items that baby can use when older?
Are you ladies doing the GBS test? Anyone doing anything to "prepare" for it? Or plans if results come back positive?   I started eating a clove of raw garlic chopped up & coated in raw honey (swallow & you only taste the honey) most days along with a fair bit of fermented foods & yogurt since from what I've read those can all help keep it at bay. Also upped foods with vitamin C.   Decided that I will take the test since if it comes back negative it will just make life...