or Connect

Posts by Gabbi

Mama cloth is great. And that comes from someone who wrinkled their nose and shivered at the thought of it in the beginning. It can be VERY affordable...(aka cheap)..I suggest even sewing your own. I did! That's how I started! One of your clean terry bath towels. Some loved/clean flannel clothing you can part with. Thread Needle (Sewing machine but I know mama who sew by hand and can hook you up for some help) Draw out your pattern or trace a pad you have.   Everyone...
I am thinking about ordering the sea sponges for my 17 yo daughter... I had purchased a  cup for her..but she was a little freaked out and overwhelmed with it.... I just noticed the sea sponges..... I'm intrigued.
  aawww, you are so sweet... I did trim the stem off...I noticed on some other threads, other mamas did the same thing...hoping this should help with the "pinching" feeling.
I love the pads from Peace Love Cycle. You can check her out via FB...also a shop called Pink Lemonade. I will say if you prefer PUL, there is an ebay seller ..lmknoebel. I love her overnight pads. You will not find anyone cheaper and she is very sweet. You can also visit her directly...she is a WAHM, her site is littlebeecreations.   Let me know if you try any of them and are happy with your purchases.   Tracy ^^ I will add I do like my GladRags overnight...
Hoping I won't need the "old" PUL cloth as much..giving the Diva Cup a whirl for the heavy days...if I an figure it out...
Thank you! I don't have many with PUL and I also prefer to not have it...but I did include it on the ones I made myself....so the "thrifty" side of me hates to just give up on them when they aren't horribly old.  
I just sewed some pads last night (and I am NOT a sewer-person)..I used an older fleece blanket as the "stuffing".. I folded each piece so it made about 4 layers and then used a flannel piece for the back and cotton for the front...I just make mine square with square wings.....I'm not good with sewing anything round... I used the hammer on snaps....a package is $2 at Wal-M't. Also, Wally World now has some cotton squares for $.97..you can get 2 pads out of one of those,...
I have purchased Glad Rags... they are not a preference for myself... but I did give all I purchased to my teen daughter. I think they are a good choice for teens. I would suggest the day liner.   Have you tried to sew your own?  
I have used the micro fleece...I am currently still using up an older micro fleece blanket that wasn't used.... I cut two squares that reach almost the ends of the pad (mine are about 11 inches) and then I fold in half... I lay one square folded to the left, and one square folded (open side) to the right.... they work well and do not bunch.   I like heavy pads and was buying, sewing all of them with PUL... but then realized how much SOFTER they were without the...
I too work and use cloth. I made myself a couple of wet bags from a "u-tube" tutorial... I am NOT a sewer...AT All ...BUT I was able to sew a couple of wet bags, using old material from pajamas....   Anyway...on heavy days I take about 6 heavy pads to work. I take the wet bag with me to the restroom...it's cute and flowered or some other pattern...I am sure everyone knows what I'm doing..but honestly...I have given up caring ... HA!   For the days I know I will...