or Connect

Posts by wrigley1985

We have a bag of the food grade Diatomaceous Earth and we have been treating the house with that. I didn't know we could use the stuff in the yard though so I'll have to sprinkle it out in the yard as well.   The main problem with the fleas is that they are still living on the dogs even though we applied a topical treatment (Pet Armor). It is supposed to be good for 30 days, but we're finding that it seems to be losing its effectiveness after 1-2 weeks. Whenever we...
Yeah the medicine should be working better than what it is, I will say that it has helped out a lot, but it hasn't completely eliminated the problem. We were going to buy either Frontline or K9 Advantix because I read those were the two best medicines to combat fleas. But when we went to the store we were unable to find either one, so we wound up buying this other brand called Pet Armor. We figured it couldn't hurt to try,even though we'd read mixed reviews about it...
Earlier today two workers from the County Department of Public Health came knocking on my door. I opened the door not knowing who they were (I have an ear infection and could not hear them when they identified themselves). They said they had received reports that our home has fleas and asked if they could do a "wellness/welfare check." They told me that I didn't have to let them in but if I didn't they would return later. I was caught off guard and agreed to let them come...