or Connect

Posts by SmilesALot

diamondlil: it is wonderful to read the conclusion of this post becoz i was also feeling very sorry for your DN's behavior and the consequence on his birthday. It is wonderful that you continued to read the replies and gave us an update on the bday party. My eyes went moist when i read that his bday party is on. Hope your family has a wonderful celebration and your DN feels how much his family loves him. Peace & Love!
Thank you, Anna! That helps. May be we will also return to reading books together before sleep and give him some responsibility as well. I would like to handle this phase with sensitivity so that he knows that we are there for him always and I also recommit to my gentle and respectful attitude which is what i believe deep down in my heart is the right thing to do as a mother. Peace & Love!
My ds id 7&1/2 yr old. Off late, i find that i am seeing behavior that is too physical (to my standards and what i am used to with him), aggressive (bullying and taunting younger sister), and doing what i do not approve of (for example - he just spit in the middle of a parking lot although he knows he is not supposed to do that, dropping off candy wrappers wherever he wants in the house, farting with his butt turned towards another person). I end up getting upset and...
Hi I can understand your bewilderment when the older one goes and hits the baby for no reason. My ds was around 3 yrs old when my baby was born and he did hit my dd (2-3 months old) about 2-3 times on her head (close to the soft spot). I was quite enraged will all my postpartum hormones as well although i was very close and attached to my son. This happened when my mother-in-law who had come to help us with my delivery was holding the baby. I probably (i am guessing...
My 3.5 yr dd does this quite a bit. Yesterday's made up word was "wadhrus" (something like a walrus that lives in water). I simply enjoy the complex words that she makes becoz my older one never did this. Only difference is that she would explain the word to me if i asked what it meant and will also teach me how to pronounce it correctly. She draws me many pictures of stuff that has made up names. We even wrote down those names in one of her drawings. If you can, learn...
Hi If you are going to be homeschooling anyway and your daughter is expressing unwillingness, it would be worth it to rethink the plan to send her to Montessori. I have left my ds when he was 1.5 in a Montessori when he was crying (eventhough we started with only 1 hour and gradually went to more time) as i was working part time and could not quit completely. It still bothers me to think that i had left him to cry like that. It took him about 2 months to really settle...
Hi JoyofBirth, I am one of the people who responded to your posts. I am though not living in the US currently for us to talk to each other. Let me know if you are interested in emailing me... Peace & Love!
Sorry for your loss. I want to share that i also lost my big brother in a bike accident about 18 months ago. (he also had been in a previous minor accident when he came out fine with just some bruises). He looked fine when he was brought to the hospital but suddenly he developed some complication that took his life away. Even after this many months, i still feel sad that he is not there amongst us anymore. The sadness comes up in waves now and then. It will never be the...
I had posted about my 3 yr old dd biting her nails sometime ago. Even without me taking any deterring measures, I have noticed that the nail biting has become fewer and farther now. I don't see the nervous worried look on her face accompanied by nail biting. She does it occasionally but it is more for peeling off a nail she does not like rather than some emotional trigger.
A mom of yet another PR obsessed 6 yr old. I have watched the shows (Power rangers - Dino Thunder - mind you there are several programs within the Power rangers category). They are super heros who are saving the earth from some alien villians. I felt that this was quite violent (blowing up, lot of kicking and fighting) for a 5 yr old to watch and it did pump him up to be physically hyper active. I also have the issue of my 3 yr old dd watching it with my ds and i felt this...