or Connect

Posts by crossfitmom

I had a tough week. Work was crazy and frustrating. I was so irritated by people. I found myself extremely angry and struggled to deal with my anger. I'm assuming the hormones are to blame as this is not normal me...it doesn't feel good to feel so out if control with such negative emotions. Luckily a dose if Thelma and Loyise tonight seems to have calmed me.
I'm at 33 weeks and 3 days today.  Doing alright, but starting to experience the late discomforts.  Today I had a lot of trouble breathing, felt really short of breath just when talking, and at a meeting mid-day I had to sit really upright, shoulders back, and take deep breaths.  It was a bit scary honestly.  Is it common for it to get that hard to breath sometimes?   I had a shower over the weekend that was great.  I felt so loved.  Had tons of friends come in support...
How long does the bleeding last typically?
Super interesting!  I hadn't heard of Lotus births.  Thanks for exposing me to such an interesting topic.  I hadn't thought about that aspect much beyond delayed cord clamping.  I think I might ask them to delay an hour and not just until the blood stops pumping.  Makes sense.   Here's a link for others that explains Lotus Births, in case others also don't know.   http://www.lotusfertility.com/Lotus_Birth_Q/Lotus_Birth_QA.html   Was already planning on Placenta...
Thanks ladies for the info on nursing bras.  I didn't really have a clue where to start...sounds like I should start with Bravado!  @tabitha can you explain the sizing for Bravado that you referenced or point me to a link that does?   @anachka I have also been feeling really emotional and fatty lately, which is frustrating to say the least.  Feeling a bit more stable today luckily. :)   I've really been struggling with the body changes and how they are limiting my...
I feel EXACTLY the same way.  My parents live out of town and they have already purchased plane tickets to come visit right after the baby is born, but I just don't know how I'm going to handle them being here plus figuring out how to be a new mom all at the same time.  My mom is not the most perceptive and will just want to be here all the time, but I don't want that, as I think that will stress me out.  I spent quite a bit of time fretting about this with my husband and...
Hi all, I am really enjoying these mothering.com forums. This is my first time being pregnant and thus first time exploring forums for pregnant new moms. So far it's been a good fit for me and my approach to this whole new adventure. I also look forward to getting to know you each better over the next few months. Keep posting! Also on birth plans...I just drafted mine this week and it felt good to get it on paper. My online natural birth class that I'm taking had a...
Here's the section from Emily Oster's book Expecting Better on Vitamin K shots.  I highly recommend the book if you haven't already read it.  She does a great job examining the many pregnancy "no-no"s and questions you might be dealing with to help you make your own decisions.  I know it's been a life-saver for me during my pregnancy so far.   Vitamin K Shots   It is standard to give babies vitamin K supplementation within the first hours after birth. The purpose is to...
Also here are some good blogposts that I've found on other Mom's who have bucked the trends and embraced their bodies and desires to be fit during pregnancy.   http://simplymurphy.com/ (currently suspended for some reason...) http://onefitmom.ca/   I also have found it hard to find good options for maternity workout clothes...here's what I've come across, although I've yet to purchase anything from these sites yet, so can't speak from experience on quality/value...
Happy to hear there are others here on mothering.com who are also committed to staying fit and strong throughout pregnancy.  I am as well.  I have been CrossFitting with my husband for the past 5 years now and def don't want to stop just because I'm pregnant as I've found it to be a very empowering, rejuvenating, and fun way to get my exercise and stay fit.   I had initially thought I'd be CrossFitting up through the 8th month, but I don't think that's going to happen....