or Connect

Posts by amyc1688

Thank you all. Things are going fairly well! The girls are gaining, I am losing although a bit of that is my mind! But it's worth it. We are on day three of a growth spurt so yeah... I have a twin feeding pillow... And have made a comfy spot on the couch. I have relaxed more about doing anything but feed them. It's such hard work!
Ok since you are all so fulll of great ideas and experience... What should I do with my twins? They are two weeks old and I am exclusively breastfeeding. My husband had his first day back to work today and we successfully tandem fed :-) ... I am exhausted and barely have time to eat, and clean myself as well as feed and clean them but I still feel like I should be doing more... Like I always pictured myself holding my babies all the time but with two that's so hard. I...
No they are already more than birthweight at 11 days old. Poop has been normal. I just tried laying back and it worked, although she exhausted herself after 5 min or so of intense eating. I've been avoiding that nipple so it def had lots of milk. I've tried letting some express out but they still clamp down. Tandem nursing not yet, too hard! :-) Thanks
Ok so my girls are a week and 4 days old now! I think I'm having trouble with oversupply/ s fore milk, hindmilk imbalance.... Forceful letdown. They seem to choke on the milk, esp that comes out my right - not so perfect nipple, they have been biting down to slow the flow of milk. I am quite exhausted getting this all figured out my first time being a mom, twins and breastfeeding. Much of the tips I get for breastfeeding do not deal with the unique feeding of two, I can't...
hi everyone! my twin girls arrived March 2nd, 37 weeks on the dot! its been a crazy ride, i wanted to update you all! They are PERFECTLY healthy, 5 lbs 13 oz and 5 lbs 11 oz. Currently exclusively breastfeeding ... which is getting easier. i had eventually developed severe preeclampsia, so my midwife couldnt deliver with me.... soooo sad, and i was shipped off to the much dreaded boston hospitals where i was roughly induced, although my cervix didnt budge....total of 1cm...
thanks everyone. it doesn't help that baby b moved transverse and is pushing my ribs apart... most painful day yet! my whole body hurts... but after a nice long bubble bath i re-gained the strength to be brave and to power through this. my babies are worth it, but when your constantly expecting them to arrive early, and they dont, its a little exhausting on your mind, body and spirit...and its hard to remember they are adorable little babies, not the octopus alien i feel i...
Ok so everyone said twins come early... I'm looking at 37 weeks on Sunday and I really cannot take much more of this. It's my first pregnancy so I'm really anxious to hold my little girls. Just wondering how long were your twin pregnancies and how do I know/prepare for birth. I'm going natural, both head down.... Did your water break first or did labor just start real fast? My little ones are still so active but def. no room to be... My skin hurts! I need to know ... If...
I actually dream of swimming. To feel weightless ahhhhh lol at 23 weeks you could def start a swimming routine, lowest impact :-)
...not to mention how exhausting it is carrying twins... I wouldn't push myself bc that's energy that could have been going to their growth. My babies will be close to 7 lbs if I cook them a lil longer which is great for twins..... So idk...
Unfortunately I was told not to even walk with my twins. I stopped probably around 28 weeks/third trimester. They are so nuts about early labor I think it was easier to tell me not to walk rather than enforce the amount of fluids that you'll need to compensate.... And rest, don't forget rest. I am and was in fairly great shape before but I am almost 37weeks with my twins and I am looking forward to working out again. I gained 50lbs so far and it's totally all baby.. And I...