or Connect

Posts by snow-rose

I haven't tried Mint, but I have tried a budget spreadsheet.  On paper (er... monitor!) it looks so do-able.  But it's sticking to said budget that hurts...  And it's weird, whenever DH is doing good, I spend on something stupid.  Whenever I'm restrained, he wants to buy some electronic gadget.  Whenever we're BOTH doing good with reining in spending, the kids need something unexpected (like a growth spurt mid-season) or something in the house breaks.  We do have a cushion...
deleted
I don't have any solutions, but I do feel for you.  I've always had really thick hair, it ran in my family.  In the last few years that I've been hypothyroid, it's become so thin.  I hope it doesn't stay like this forever...
For me personally, I have left a 2.5 year old with grandma for a week, but in our house, while dh and I went away. They had the comforts of each other and their familiar routine. They did not know grandma all that well, but everyone did fine. But I still wouldn't let them away from our home unless grandmas house was like a second home to them - which it isn't. They're 5 and 6 now and I still wouldn't be comfortable. But that's strictly my family.
deleted
I have a 10 month old who has access to a lot of her older sibling's natural toys.  Her favorites are plain wooden blocks, some wooden bowls I found in the thrift store, some Holtztiger woodland creatures (those things have seen daily use for YEARS), a kathe kruse doll, and a little piano (not natural but she loves it).  She's not yet into the wooden cars, but her sister was at a year old - the ones with the big wooden wheels and no extra parts to come off.  She's also not...
I have a Bum Genius lot, but don't know what to do with them.  Normally I just donate our used baby stuff to the local pregnancy crisis place but I don't think they take used diapers, and even if they did, I could use the money.  Ebay?  Some exchange site?  Does it even matter?  CL is out because we live out in an area where nothing ever sells...
I think if he's doing fine, you're doing fine!   My almost-one year old has a very similar schedule.  (She's nursing right now, in fact!)   One thing I'm personally trying to change up is less carb-y stuff in the morning (GF or not) and more protein-based and/or whole foods for breakfast.  Like yogurt, or leftovers from the night before, or a scrambled egg with vegetables.  If there was something you would like to look at it might be the same - keep the waffles half...
Kind of late on this.  I don't think we have any special rules that aren't already in place any other night.  I come from a culture that puts a pretty big emphasis on eating "properly" at the table every night, and I guess I've passed that down to the kids so far.  My DH, on the other hand, was more casual about eating when he was growing up.  He will often leave the table early on typical nights.  So I guess him staying until everyone is finished is a "special" thing.
Last year I found some good online deals, like 25% off the cloth dipes we needed for the new baby.  This year I looked but didn't find anything I really wanted or needed.  I do print out my photos at Walgreens on Black Friday, though.  I do it once a year and compile a yearly photo album, and also make smaller photo albums as part of the Christmas present for their grandmothers.  It all adds up.  On Black Friday they usually have a good deal.  This year was 50% off and I...