or Connect

Posts by BunniMummi

Quote: Originally Posted by *bejeweled* I used it tonight. Man it's awesome! I snuck some veggies into DD's tomato soup. But she detected it. Next time I'm gonna put them in pasta sauce. The only thing I can consistantly sneak into tomato soup are lentils. Occasionally cauliflower or a little carrot if I don't put too much in. (All blended in of course, lumps are not allowed!) DS1 is pretty picky and I hear about it if I even dare to...
DS2 didn't really get interested in "real food" until after 2. Then there was a period where he would occasionally eat pretty well but then nothing but nursing for days. It just slowly picked up and he stopped nursing by about 2.5. Both my kids were late teethers (as was I) so I would say don't worry so long as things seem on track in other areas and it's obvious that she can physically eat when she wants to.
That's actually what I was going to suggest as well. We use their kids gel here, it has a mild minty taste without being overly sweet.
Each kid is different so it's hard to really give advice. At around the same age we simply stopped putting DS1 in diapers as soon as the weather warmed up a bit (potty training and snowsuits don't mix). It took a couple days of accidents but by the end of the week he was pretty much set. We used pullups at night for a couple months after that but those phased out quickly by his choice. For what it's worth he had shown 0 interest in potty training up until that point. He...
DS2 has, well, temper control issues at any rate. He will throw himself to the floor kicking, screaming etc. There really isn't much I can do aside from try to keep talking calmly to him and wait for it to pass. Once it's over he is often his usual sunny self almost straight away.
Another one checking in with 1 bad and 1 good sleeper. We ended up co-sleeping with DS1 not because it was some parenting choice we made ahead of time. It was just the only way anyone got any sleep, from night 1 (fortunately in Norway cosleeping is ok in the hospital so long as you aren't medicated or super exhausted after birth). DS2 has had all the same opportunities to co-sleep than DS1 did but generally sleeps through the night in his own bed by choice and has almost...
DS2 won't "perform on command" either. He understands well, he can say quite a bit but most of the time he just chooses not to. He is a late talker though in a bilingual house so hard to say how normal it is.
Raising Cain and Killing Monsters are both good reads. DS1 started with that type of play around 3 as well. I'm honestly not sure where he picked up shooting things with sticks, fingers, blocks, whatever but it could have been from any number of places I suppose. It did take some getting used to and those first few months of seeing him play like that were really creepy. Fortunately we had picked up and read Killing Monsters while I was still pregnant because my husband saw...
Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 I am also always throwing out meat. I don't end up using it...it gets freezer burn... whatever. I have simply stopped buying meat in quantities greater than I'm going to use immediately (or at least quick enough that it can be kept in the fridge and not frozen). It doesn't make the most $ sense in theory but if the alternative is meat wasted and dumped 6 months+ down the line it's still more cost effective...
I wore a lot of swearshirts and dealt with a lot of screaming/crying. I think I can count on one hand the amount of times I was able to detach DS1 without him pitching a fit (and we have the NCSS). I had to do it though, I was at my wits end and bedtimes were a nightmare for me. Being able to touch my breasts would help to calm him down though, of course that led to another habit... Also during the initial nighweaning/bedtime phase I would still allow him to nurse but...