or Connect

Posts by Euromom

Quote: Originally Posted by 3belles I am a Montessori teacher, who is obsessed with Reggio right now It's the type of artbased curriculum I use in my home. The main similarities are that they are child-centered, and that the learning is focused on process over product. Both give the child opportunities to explore with beautiful didactic materials. ME TOO! ME TOO! I work at a Mont preschool now, after unschooling for a few years. I am also...
Hi! I'm in Prague and have been on and off for almost ten years (6 years in Cz, 3 in the US). My boys were both born here and are loving being back... we've been back about 5 months now. They love the focus on nature and being outdoors as well as the amazing playgrounds here in Prague! I love these too, as well plus the lack of intense commercialization we faced in the States. The boys are learning Czech, as they go to a bilingual Montessori school with mostly Cz kids....
Hello! Just moved to Dublin and am mostly vegitarian and a wanabe raw fooder . I have found lots of options here! I haven't eaten out here at all but, soy milk and yogurt is available in every chain super market... as well as organic produce, which tells you there is a market here. I'm not sure if restaurants offer it but you could pick up the little boxes if you really wanted it. I don't think a traditional pub would offer a lot of choices outside of traditional pub...
Hello Irish Mamas! I am here now... as of 9 days ago! We've settled in the heart of Dublin. We are finding of way around pretty well and enjoying all the sites. My boys are being troopers getting used to all the walking... they were used to walking and riding bikes in the States but it's just not the same, especially with jetlag. We are glad to back in Europe(ish) are ready to meet more people. Thanks erika978 for all your help! You were so informative. I really...
Anyone out there??? I'd love some advice or tips! Anything will help! Thanks!
Yeah! Someone replied! So how are you liking it? Any general advice?
I just received a pm by a someone posing (I hope) as a member asking if a thread was mine. When I clicked the link, which looked like a normal mothering page, it sent me to, what I believe was, a site for buying shoes. The link didn't work but I could see the name was for some shoe site. : Does this happen a lot? I've been a member for a few years now but I haven't been on for awhile now. Is this something I have to look out for? Has anyone had this happen to...
Hello. I need some help. We are moving to Dublin in August. Although, I am super excited about this move (can't wait to get back on the other side of the pond ) I'm a bit concerned about my unschooled 6yo and Irish laws. I believe children start school at 5??? I'm not against sending him it just wasn't an option this year. Do you think he'll have to be tested in? He is very bright (his favorite books are scientific textbooks, seriously ) yet, he has no interest in learning...
Great ideas! Mud, birds, swings, tree stumps, teepees... Can't wait to get started! : Definitely glad there are a few blackberry bushes left but not the danger zone that was there before we moved in. There is a huge shady pine tree which can be used for quiet resting. We're going to pick up a few tree stumps tomorrow for opened ended play. And I'm going to make a few birdfeeders tomorrow. And good use of the river rocks Angierae; we have tons of them lying around we can...
Ok I know it's not best time of the year for this but we just moved and our yard is a disaster! Imagine a square of dirt with dead grass and weeds. Oh and I think the previous tenant used it as a garbage dump :. The good thing is it's a blank canvas now. The weeds and blackberry bushes have been hacked away and I've hulled away most of the junk (I hope) so now it's full of possibilities! I should mention don't have much of a budget for all the amazing things I've dreamed...