or Connect

Posts by WallaWallaMamma

I didn't find out with either of my girls, and felt it was exciting to have a surprise at the end of labor. You don't know much about what your baby's personality will be like when you meet them at birth, but like it or not most babies' will conform to their sex stereotypes to a degree. Glimpsing a little bit of who your baby will probably be like is gratifying.
When I had the one daughter, I never let her cry it out until she was old enough to fall asleep. Almost one year old. But now that I have two, sometimes my younger one has to be out down for a few minutes even if she isn't fast asleep. She cries a little, but does fall asleep in five minutes. She is a happy and calm, affectionate baby. I think that like anything, CIO depends on the baby and the family dynamic. If your baby can handle a few minutes of fussing, is that a bad...
Our favorite fancy cheap meal is to buy one nice fillet of salmon, and then cook it with BBQ seasoning, flake it, and mix with rice to stretch it out for three people. Serve it with lots of buttered vegetables and it feels kind of like a cookout in the dead of winter. Every once in a while you'll find salmon on sale, if you don't mind buying farm raised. So with the vegetables and rice you're looking at about $2-3 per serving.
My friend shared this suggestion with me, and it is a lot of fun: buy a few cans of Barbasol and put your naked baby in the tub and have fun playing with the mousse. Not only is the texture fun and messy, but spraying the can is exciting, too. I do think that sometimes a little boredom encourages toddlers' imaginations. Don't be afraid to see what it is your child comes up with if you let them have some independent play time. My eldest cracked me up with her games, one...
I have a sweet pea ring sling that is very comfortable, but it's made of cotton and I find it needs readjusting fairly regularly when actively chasing your other children around. I would go for a woven fabric next time.
Boy am I glad to read that some subsequent labors aren't easier for others! I was in active labor for about 12 hours with both my girls. The first time, I pushed for three and a half hours on my back before I just got too tired and she got stuck in an awkward position (the women in my family have especially narrow pelvises). I opted for a c-section but bet I could have done it if they let me move. With my second girl, I planned a home water birth but the cord was too...
I struggled with my first c section, too. You are not alone. I went into spontaneous labour a few days after my EDD, but it took me two days to fully dilate. By the time I had to push, I was scared and exhausted. I pushed for three hours before they told me my daughter was stuck because my pelvic bones are narrow. It took me ages to accept this experience. It also took a long time to bond with my first born. I was so disappointed that I did not have a classic mother child...
Hi! I was curious whether anyone has used Barlean's EPO? I just switched from another brand, and this morning had a lot of brown spotting. Wasn't sure if that was just the weird (dark) Barlean's gel cap melting or bloody show. I am 40+4, so I was hoping it would be the latter. Not that I am getting desperate to have a baby or anything.... But with my first I was five days late. Should I get excited??