or Connect

Posts by nycapmom

Stevie Ray Vaughan (RIP) I'll be back to add more.....
Thanks I bet they must be really soft. ...
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50Q...QQsassZbttmama This mama has 3 cashmere covers for super cheap. How is Cashmere as a diaper cover? Is this a great deal? I don't know anything about Cashmere but they look pretty and they haven't barely been used according to the listing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Quirky Re: why I care so much about breastfeeding - yes, formula (when not contaminated through the manufacturing process or with dirty water) provides a decent enough source of nutrition for babies when there's nothing else to eat, so arguably it saves lives. But formula also kills. At least a million babies die every year - including upwards of 700 a year in this country - because they weren't breastfed. Most of this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Greaseball I guess if I thought people saw other care arrangements as equal to full-time parental care, they would not be drawn to this forum. I guess that was wrong.
What bothers me most about some of the posts on this thread is the insinuation (or in some cases, statement) that daycare - even a top notch one - comes close to a full time mother. It just is not so except under extreme circumstances, obviously- like severe abuse. It reminds me of formula feeders who claim formula is equal to breastmilk, or say "I was formula fed and turned out fine" Everyone will make their choices for whatever reason. No need to defend yourself but...
There have been enough flames so I won't go there (even though the lesser part of me would certainly like to flame you) I would just say that it *is* perfectly normal for a 4yo (or 4.5yo) to be in diapers. I know it was in fashion 30yrs ago or so, to browbeat a kid into going on the potty. That lead to all kinds of intestinal and emotional issues. It is also perfectly normal for a 4yo to nurse. I have one to prove it
Quote: Originally Posted by Mothra Nothing in my life experience or my schooling (with a strong background in human development) has suggested to me that a child left in quality childcare setting is at any sort of disadvantage socially or emotionally. . You almost had me - I was nodding my head to a lot of what you wrote. Until the above quote... I think we can all agree that there *is* a disadvantage to a child being seperated from...
My DS gets sick when he plays with toys in the car so I wonder if he would get car-sick watching a DVD? He doesn't watch TV at home but this past weekend we borrowed a few movies from the library to entertain us all while we were sick and it was kind of fun : We are considering a long road trip (maybe x-country) and maybe we should rent a DVD player.
nak... one of my fave articles re: "breast is best" http://www.het.brown.edu/people/kjp/...r_language.htm