or Connect

Posts by blended chaos

Yes he is 10. He also has ODD which means per psychiatrist orders, he has to be given options and has to be allowed to make his own decision on which option he chooses. So yes, he is treated like a "mini-adult". He was given the choice of coming or not coming on vacation. He said no If we add one more child we have to switch from one room to two. This has to he done and paid for by January 15th.
He has two weeks to change his mind. Everything has to be finalized by Jan 15th.
We have invited him and he said no. I am not begging him to come on vacation. He was given the choice. He decided not to come. As for cutting him out of everything, that isn't what we are doing. dh will still ask him to come over and in the future if we take vacations we will give him the same choice we did this time. As for not telling the kids where we are going, I want to be able to turn around in my seat and take a picture of their faces when they realize where...
DH explained to SS that we would be going on a family vacation soon and we want him to come with us but he needed to prove to us that he wanted to be part of our family and that means spending time with us. DH asked SS to just come on the weekend and spend time. SS straight out told DH that he didn't care where we were going that he didn't want to come on vacation. This means if we try to make him go it will be kicking and screaming all the way to Disney World. So once...
I know how you are feeling because I we had this issue with SS10 and SS12.  Without going into too much detail because that would take forever... Skids were raised by mom to basically do whatever they wanted.  When we started doing 7 and 7 (DH was originally doing every other weekend) we dealt with horrible tantrums when the boys were not allowed to do whatever they wanted.  SS12 has become a decent child when he realized that DH wasn't going to be pushed around and what...
Wwe have decided to give SS10 the opportunity to show that he wants to be part of our family and in turn have a place in the family vacation. Here is what is planned. DH will mention to SS that we have something big planned for this coming year. Something that will make him very sad to miss out on. We are telling him that he will have the option on deciding if he will be included or not. The way for him to be included is to come and spend time with us. This doesn't mean...
Sure have...thanks.
His mother changed him to a new psychiatrist while we were in the hospital. She changes doctors like this when one tells her something she doesn't like or doesn't want to put him on a med she wants him on. DH has left the doctors up to her at this point because when we make him appointments she doesn't bring him and then DH is responsible for cancellation fees...$75 for him NOT to show up because his mother wouldn't bring him. There is A LOT more to this story but...
he acts up the whole time at this point because we have rules...bed times....you will brush your teeth and bathe. his mom let's him do whatever he wants to so naturally he will want to stay with her. We were doing 7 and 7 at one point. We started this in January of last year. it took us 8 months to get him somewhat straightened out. We ended up in the hospital from august to September with our newborn. When we got back home all that we had worked towards in the 8...
Yes, we would definitely feel used. Another issue is we are not telling any of the kids we are going. it will be a surprise until we get there so we can't ask him if he wants to come with us to Disney world because it would ruin the surprise for the other children. so in order to get him to even come with us it would be more kicking screaming and hitting which would definitely start the vacation off on a bad note. not to mention 12 hours stuck in a car with him crying...