or Connect

Posts by FisherFamily

I actually think there is a difference between the tombstone and the recent rash picture. The tombstone is purely speculation. Kind of like the book, "if you.give a mouse a cookie.". It does feel like fear mongering and sensationalism. The recent.picture is, well, recent. It has a story, a purpose, a reason for having an opinion. The mom said my kid had a vax, and now they look like this, "what do you think?". The docs agree it was an allergic reaction to something IN...
Ivenotnot thorouhly read the whole thread, just skimmed briefly. I'm on my phone, so please ignore the typos and spacing issues. The editor is clunky. I've come to appreciate pondering meyers Briggs personality studies. It's a loose tool, but a handy one, imo. Knowing the basic personalities gives me a framework for discussing traits I see in my kids. I've often wondered if people who are "n" oriented are drawn to unschooling because it fits the way we view the world....
Purple
Buckingham palace
This is a longshot, but are the hives connected to a fever? Or, perhaps, getting warm under blankets as he rests when he doesnt feel well? My dh got bit by a bunch of either fire ants or chiggers (he was in training, was very uncomfortable anyway, and didn't notice being bitten. He had at least 500 bites on one leg. More actually, we just stopped counting there.) For several years afterwards, anytime he got sweaty, he would break out in hives all over. It hasn't...
Wow. Lots to respond.to in this thread, but I can't do it justice from my phone. I did want to say that its ok to change up your storage solutions to age appropriate levels. You.might have to be creative. What my kids can't handle, they don't have. Rubberband loom.thing is fine for.my.9 year old, but I keep my 5 yo sewing kit. She can have it nearly.anytime she asks.for.it, on the condition she returns it completely.picked up when she is finished. If their room...
Sounds like there's too much emotion all around. Emotions are healthy, but we need to learn to use them, instead of just feel them and be driven by them. For both of you, I recommend disengaging. When she screams at you, send her away and ask her to come back and ask again when she is ready to talk nicely. When she is loud and.crazy, send her back to walk instead of run or whatever. Don't give an explanation beyond "that isn't okay", and keep your cool. To any...
Government
The heart (attitude) is a big part of.everything, and why the same rule or consequense.applied "consistently" is often ineffective. Say, two kids are fighting over a toy. My response isn't predictable, but, rather whatever address the level of selfishness each child is displaying. Was one child wronged, yet lashed out angerily? I do not a knowledge the wrong done to them. I don't because I am training the heart to be unselfish, and the character strong. The early...
School