or Connect

Posts by Oneserenityone

I forget I'm pregnant, so I guess this trimester I'm feeling much more like myself again. Baby moves pretty regularly at night and in the morning, otherwise I'd think something was wrong. All cravings/aversions are gone. Boobs aren't sore. Not tired. No nausea. No back pain or swollen feet like last time. Still down 12lbs. Sleeping well. On work days my hips and groin is sore and I feel lots of low pressure, but even that is easing more and more and my chiro rocks. The...
I haven't noticed that myself. My girl's got her kicks down low for the most part, but she seems to flip around the other way too every now and then (and she was head down at the 20w ultrasound when a lot of my pressure started. You might be totally right about yours though.
My husband and I have a very sturdy relationship, we've been together 11 years and are usually on the same page. He has been mostly positive this entire pregnancy, and very much a doting partner... Until right before we hit week 20. The half way point seems to have switched a panic switch in him and I cannot get him to calm down. He's turning his stress inward and refusing to talk about it. This week I've noticed an excessive habit of over-eating (three and four helpings...
Yup, here too. I have heard a belly belt will help this a bit, particularly as tummy gets bigger, but I haven't gotten on yet for myself. 
We weren't/aren't "daters" either. We hang out, lay in bed together and talk, take the dog for a walk around the block (three or four dozen times), sit on the deck after our son goes to bed (weather permitting) and listen to the high school marching band practice a few blocks away, and play cards or board games. The rare times we go "out" it might be to a movie, or a show (usually at an improv/comedy club), or out to a bookstore where we can get coffee/tea and browse a...
I didn't change my name when I got married. Our son's first & middle name sounded best with my husband's last name so that's what he got. This time around the name we've picked for our daughter sounds better with mine, so we'll have one of each :
I'm incredibly jealous of you knitting mamas... I don't "get" knitting, and have had more than one person try to teach me, it just doesn't click (particularly the pattern reading). These little knits look amazing. 
I've been wondering this lately too. This one seems like she can get kicking/punching pretty good and just stays on it once she starts. I think it's a bit early to tell in her case though, she still has so much room and might settle down more once space gets tighter.  My son on was a constant mover though, even after he ran out of room he'd still be in there flipping over constantly... he just never ever stopped. It turned out to be a good indicator when he was born,...
Hey, I'm no expert but that sounds legit to me. I was told that theoretically the fluid and sac should keep baby floating above the cervix at this point, but if you're carrying low and baby is way down there, I don't see why some well placed kicks or punches wouldn't get things bothered. Looking it up on google it seems like a super, super common issue (the spotting) right around this time. As long as the bleeding doesn't increase, baby keeps moving, and everything is okay...
I love Penelope, but the husband vetoed it. Josephine is definitely on the rise in popularity, there are quite a few "Josies" at my son's school, but I haven't run into any Penelopes or Pennys.   Other names I tend to think follow along the same theme but don't think are quite so trendy right now: Seraphina, Emmaline, Mathilda, Sylvia, & Calliope.