or Connect

Posts by 3rosebuds

I haven't been on here for ages, as I've been trying to adjust to the whole single mom thing. However, now that I'm dating, I find that I'm needing the support of others who are in similar situations. I have been out five times now with a fabulous guy. I'm really into him, and he seems really into me, but he lives an hour away. It's not so far away in the great scheme of things, but it gets complicated trying to juggle both of our work schedules, my school, my...
My 3 kids and I have been living with my parents for the past 8 months. It has been stressful and chaotic at times, but it has also been an ENORMOUS help. I'm able to save some money; my mom watches my kids while I work and go to school. I can't imagine what I would have done without their help and support.
Hi--I'm Amber & I'm a single mom to 3 little boys (7, 6, and 3). After 9 years together, I asked for a divorce in October of last year & it was final in March. My kids and I are currently living with my parents which, while stressful at times, has been a complete godsend. I'm a student, working toward a degree in speech-language pathology. My ex was a terrible husband, but has turned out to be a fantastic ex-husband. He pays child support in full and on time, calls...
My ex lives in the midwest & I live in the south (about 900 miles apart). Our kids are 7, 5, and 3. Since the older 2 are in school (and ex is a teacher), all visitation revolves around the school year. He gets them for Spring Break and for six weeks in the summer. We are alternating Thanksgiving & Christmases. Since he can't really take them all the way back to his home over a Thanksgiving break, he'll either stay in my town for Thanksgiving or will take them to...
my stbx & I separated last summer with the intent to reconcile. My reasons were similar to yours--lots of lying & him making continuous bad judgment calls involving other women, then lying to cover them up. I came back at the end of the summer and made it clear that I wouldn't tolerate lying. Within 2 months I had caught him in 2 more lies. At that point, I told him I wanted a divorce. At the time I didn't think counseling would have helped us, but now I kind of...
Welcome! It's nice to meet you I mostly lurk, but I didn't want this post to go unanswered.
I have never had much luck with them. I have the same problem with the air coming back in to the bag.
This similar to my situation. I moved from the midwest to the South. Only I did it prior to the divorce being final--ex agreed to let me move out of state with the kiddos in exchange for a few other things he wanted in the divorce. In Missouri, at least, after a divorce is final, you must submit any proposed moves to the other parent. Then he has 3 weeks (I think) to either approve or deny the move. If he denies it, it goes before a judge & you can present your case...
My children are covered by state insurance, but I don't qualify (I make $50 too much per month to be covered). So I'm in the awkward position of making too much to be covered by state insurance, but making WAY too little to get private insurance. So, I'm uninsured & hoping not to get sick.
First of all, that scholarship for single parents sounds AMAZING! I wish I could find something like that. How did you find out about it? I'm newly single, and I'm just taking 2 online classes this semester (AND living with my parents). I'll be going full time in the fall, though, and working part time. Fortunately, my mom will watch my kids for free. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do this. I take all the financial aid I can get, which helps also. Good luck!