or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

People dn't out of the blue ask it like, hi, I am so an so, how are you going to discipline lol It is usually in the context of talking about children etc (I am pregnant) and inevitably it will turn to the fact that we aren't going to spank or have time outs etc...then I get it... I like your answer though!
I guess my thing is, you did mention some things he will eat in your post? "will eat tofu only from the health food store turkey is the only meat he ever will touch, the only veggies he likes are carrots, occasional salads, green peas, and zucchini if it is baked in something such as breads, fig bars, waffles/pancakes, granola bars" Honestly, you can't make the kid eat. As much as you want to reason, offer new things, bribe, encourage, whatever...you can't do it....
Maybe try explaining to her that visiting the spirit world is different than dying? Well, to me anyway, for example, I would encourage that she can visit the spirit world anytime she likes when she is asleep by dreaming...she can visit her pets and her uncles and grandpa whoever, but that she will always wake up in the morning and her spirit will wake up with her in her bed...or something like that... i guess if you make the spirit world a safe place instead of a scary...
*shudders* I know what you mean. It is so weird how it has gotten so far from what it meant in the Bible from the word disciple...or student....kind of along the lines of "spare the rod..." ...to my knowledge, no shepherd has ever beaten his flock, but we all know what people mean when they toss out the spare the rod bit... gentle guidance is cool...I guess I will never get anywhere with the mainstreamers so I should give up anyway lol...I am more looking for...
No problem, again I am sorry for offending you. I apologize if you felt I was attacking your parents or your parenting style, as no matter how heated I may get or whatever lack of self control I may have--ultimately, I am not a mean or hurtful person and I don't like to act or come across that way. Peace.
I would suggest finding something that really holds his attention and something he really enjoys, maybe something very special, like the above poster mentioned, that come out only when you are working that he can look forward to...that was a great suggestion, shoot, maybe he will even WANT you to sew if the toy is fun enough and only comes out then....you may not be THAT lucky though! lol... Also, you may also have to resign to the fact that right now anyway, you may...
Thanks Kelly! You're right, I have removed the evil *d* word from my vocabulary (see my other thread) lol ICM--I edited...I hope we can find some peace with eachother, it really isn't my intent to hurt other people's feelings and I am sorry if I did.
DISCIPLINE!!!! I seriously am. I am seriously am thinking about removing it from my vocabulary, because no matter how you cut it, it almost ALWAYS has a negative connotation and there is no way to change that really. I guess you can't win for losing sometimes. It is negative with some of the GD *crowd* because as crunchy as some people seem, it seems they still feel deep down that discipline means control over someone else and that children are the only ones who...
right on pagan, thanks for that! Admittedly the very first post began with "this is mostly tongue in cheek"...so it's crazy how it went all nuts...lol
edited with respect to ICM I don't get it, I seriously don't.