or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

besides...ew... Would you let your child drink rat's milk? Why cows? it seems so arbitrary to me and weird in a way...like, drinking the milk of another species or animal....wet nurses are cool, I mean, they are HUMAN women, and to my knowledge, aren't tortured or hooked up to machines all day or given hormones or whatever.... Even though I struggle with veganism sometimes (I am about 90%) ...even I know better.... (been a strict vegetarian for 10 years...
pagan, you say you don't consider it discipline but on the other hand, are you assuming that one can't consider it them using their personal discipline? Meaning, when I treat my hubby like that, it isn't so much that I am disciplining HIM, but rather, disciplining myself or using my personal self control or self discipline not to instantly say "WOAH...kick drum sound like crap!!!" ...which admittedly, sometimes is my first inclination due to being a pretty blunt...
I already censored the part I felt was wrong. I will not censor myself further, I am sorry. If the mods can see what you see in that I was being so rude about your parents, they are more than free to edit on my behalf... Some of you imo are hilariously hypocritical in suggesting you would "never" do this or that or whatever... It all has to do with perspective...I am a strict vegetarian/vegan....to me, eating fish is NOT vegetarian, but some people seem to think it...
I think I am going to wear a tankini type top that I have in my closet because while I am okay with being nude, not so much around strangers, which, though my midwife and her assistant are AWESOME, are still kind of strangers...I would feel more inhibited I imagine even though I wish I felt differently...anyway, probably that with a long shirt over it for out of the tub with no panties... We live in Florida and she is due the end of May so I don't believe coldness will...
ICM-- Again, I am sorry you feel disrespected, I have apologized like 10 times and obviously it isn't working for you. I was speaking in terms of respecting people I love, my husband, family, friends--- and while I attempt to respect my fellow humans, I don't have to agree with everything you say or feel. More importantly, and I don't mean to sound snarky at all, but you have every option of never responding to me or to my posts or even reading them if you don't wish...
I guess it has to be considered too, personality types...admittedly, my husband and I are very sensetive people due to whatever reasons, nature or nurture, we don't know, we are both artists too which might account or something, but sometimes we do have to be careful how we speak to one another because our feelings get hurt very easily... With the fridge thing, that was an arbitrary example because we really don't give a *beep* what the other eats, but I will give a...
Fair enough, I will keep that in mind, and I am sorry you see it that way. All I said, and I have to make it painfully clear, it is my OWN personal opinion so take it with whatever, I certainly am not the end all, be all of what is right or wrong, it is just my personal opinion that if someone feels disrespected as a result of GD or their perception of GD, then to me, it is not GD, because in GD there is no place for disrespect in my opinion and if one is practicing...
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed too and I tend to get defensive when I percieve that others aren't seeing my point of view (they don't have to agree) or like what I am saying is being twisted into something I didn't mean, or sometimes I misinterpret something someone says because of the logistics of not being able to hear their tone or forgetting, despite myself, that these ARE human beings with feelings, lives, families etc...Also, I think people resist change, even if it is...
um, well I can top that...lol Before I *fired* my first OB (he was a referral, this is my first baby, I had no clue etc)...we went and they had a tv in the waiting room playing... The Pianist!!!! I was like O M G...okay, love that movie, for myself, it was brilliant in many ways, but in a waiting room where most of the people are under like 3? Where like, there is violence and beating and heavy, heavy themes and cursing etc... I was like, wow, I wish I had that...
edited with respect to ICM