or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

Okay, so my Mother and I have many *issues* still, which I won't really go into because it is hard and long to explain...they mostly have to do with not so much the *mistakes* I feel she made in raising me, but rather, her inability for whatever reason to acknowledge not even that they were mistakes, but acknowledge my feelings at the time... For example, I felt very depressed, even suicidal around 12-15, but like any illness, there are good days and bad days etc, and I...
Can you use these techniques then *air* the place out when you are out for a couple of hourse? I mean, it might cost a couple extra bucks to heat the place up after having had the windows open, but I think under the circumstances it would be refreshing...just open the place up a bit when you know you will be out for a couple of hours ya know? I would still employ the suggestions above though, they are good ones that I have used too (except the alcohol in pan...
look, my apologies that things got heated. From everything else I have read, it seems we agree on a lot more than we disagree on so perhaps in the future it would be of benefit to us both to focus on those aspects rather than the ones we don't agree on or can't hear eachother or see eye to eye on... It is not my intent to be a @#$#@$ to anyone, but admittedly, as I said earlier, I do struggle with self control issues even at nearly 28, which incidentally is why I do cut...
I ordered it, it is going to be SO awesome... I am all for respecting someone's private space etc, but people INVADING public space (they have TV's on the freaking bus here even) really gets me...not even so much me, but knowing that my daughter is going to be exposed to a bunch of crap I am going to try my darndest not to expose her to, just because say, I have to go to the bank for instance, really gets me... I look forward to using mine when I get it!!
"The nurse flipped him on to his back and slammed her hand on his back" That stuck out to me...ew...what a way to aid a newborn in breathing, gross... I hear that you are worried, and given your experience, I can see why. However, I wouldn't stress....take the precautions mentioned above, try to get the rest you need when not breastfeeding and you should be fine... I NEVER have heard or read of a story that said: baby smothered while breastfeeding mother fell...
Oh sure, I would totally say that, but at the end of the day I can't control her (in terms of alone at a friends when she is older, she will decide either way on her own) ...at 2 maybe I wouldn't go all into it, I may mention it though a 2 year old may not grasp all that it really means...I was just answering in terms of the specific question.... I would probably assume if she was pointing to a burger at the park or whatever, and seemed to want it, she would be...
I love the one that says: War is not healthy for children or other living things I made one for my newborn on a onesie (she is due in may) and it fit on there! I got the image here and ironed on a onesie from iron-on paper...I printed it out and it looks cool! http://www.fragilecologies.com/jpg/patch.jpg I know it has a flower and stuff and since you have a boy you might not be into that, I wouldn't care either way but I know people have gender specific...
well a lot of people disregard or get offended at the name Lilith too, due to the connotation it has to Christians etc...but I like it (we picked a different name though)... The whole "Lilith fair" thing has changed that a bit, but still... I think you should name your daughter whatever you like--there is a big difference in my opinion with a name from a place/book/religion that has a negative connotation---after all, there are millions of people who believe The...
"So, if at 2 your dd wants the mcdonalds hamburger she sees a friend eating at the park, will you allow this? What if she does not want to talk about it? Do you really think that this might never happen?" I can't control anyone and if, of her own free will, my child chooses to eat meat that is offered to her (at a friends house for example)...as much as I would not like it, I would have to accept it....however, it must be said that my child would probably never...
Quote: For me GD starts from birth by creating a nurturing, trusting and unconditionally loving bond. GD is about mutual love & respect, I do not demand respect but I do model it. It is seeing my child as being inately good and nurturing this whilst helping him to develop an inner discipline and compassion for himself and others. It is also about recognising, respecting and empathising with age appropriate understanding and behaviour - I try to meet my child...