or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

Quote: ovb, you are going to be a GREAT mama! Thanks for that, I thought after reading over my post that the discipline I mentioned may have been too "mean"!! Good luck with everything and please do let us know how you are doing!!!
Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post, but I was pm'ed because my signature was too long and I didn't realize I was breaking the rules! I changed it, just wanted you all to know! Thanks!
Hi there! It does sound like you are suffering from post partum depression...as "silly" as it might sound to some people, it is actually a real thing, mostly emotionally and psychologically, but believe it or not, it can be physical too!!! Men and women have the same hormones, only in different levels, for example, men have much higher testosterone levels, but women have testosterone too, etc....and there have been studies done where participants were studies along with...
I dunno, I am all for grazing...I think it is perfectly natural and children have a very finely tuned appetite--where they eat exactly when they are hungry and left to natural devices, most times, stop exactly when they are full.... I think food issues begin when small children are forced to sit and eat at certain times when they may not be hungry, finish what's on their plates, go without food when they are hungry becasue it "isn't meal time" and the like.... but it...
Hi there! personally, I think both of your suggestions were pretty good! It is nice to hear you have actually talked, redirected, etc...I would probably go for the loss of privledge (other than say, talking to grandma on the phone maybe)...before I would do the money thing. Here's why: while the taking away of money in her allowence is a good suggestion, and shows her on one hand that if you ruin something, you should be responsible for replacing it,...
I dunno, I guess I am going to be an awful parent lol...but I think taking away toys is a perfectly acceptable punishment.... But I also believe the punishment should fit the "crime" so to speak. I agree with some of the other posters, if you child has 23047230947 toys, and the mere act of taking them ALL out and spreading them everywhere is playtime in itself, it seems the child may be overwhelmed and overstimulated, and dare I even suggest, a bit--spoiled...not...
I think whatever everyone is comfy with is how it should go....I for instance, have no problem being nude, hanging around the house nude, cooking nude, you name it lol...of course I am still pregnant so she isn't here yet! When our daughter comes though, I think it will be the same routine as it is now--i am much more comfotable being nude than hubby is-- he isn't the type to even walk around nude now as it is, so I don't expect him to change when our daughter is born....
Quote: If they don't get that bottle or lullaby, they'll soon find something else, maybe stroking a blanket or sucking their thumb -- which West says is a perfectly good way for babies to get themselves back to sleep. wow, not only does she encourage formula as opossed to the breast (does anyone think she was suggesting EBM?) she is also encouraging not responding to your babies cues and needs---by putting down the only form of communication babies...
Hi there! First I want to tell you that I am so sorry your house had so much damage during the hurricane, I live in Flordia too (Orlando) and thank God we came out of everything generally unscathed...thankfully your family is okay (physically anyway!)...and I am very sorry to hear about the problems your son has been having! Well, I am still pregnant with my first child so you might take my words with a BIG ol' grain of salt because I haven't been in the trenches yet,...