or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

Yes, and you are expected to follow the same. "I'm outta here." Me too.
Equal rights, dunno, equal treatment from people who know better? Sure.... You weren't speaking in terms of a toddler being "facinated" (I don't believe) but maybe I am wrong...you were being condescending in suggesting that I would just pop a bottle in my baby's mouth if we were having a hard time nursing, implying she was "choosing" to exersise her "right" not to nurse... ...whatever... You said: "We only have healthy food choices accessable in our home. We don't...
Well, with dishes, that is one of hubby's *jobs* that has been agreed on--believe me, I have my own...lol and it isn't to say I never do them or whatever, but it is primarily his deal so I really don't care what the deal is on them unless they are piled so high they are spilling onto the counter or I begin to ask myself "what is that smell?" However, I know he HATES it when they get like that, even though he knows that is one of his *jobs* just as I hate it when the...
...but I do appreciate your condescending tone in suggesting I am the type to think a 3 month old or something is making the concious choice and excersising her "right" to not "want" to breastfeed... Do I think a 1 or 2 year old can make that choice? Absolutely, and I would let them, because by 1-2 I have introduced table foods, other milks, limited juice etc, and she can excersise her preference and I would respect that...
I love posed hypotheticals LOL I get them all the time, it's hilarious... Um I do believe the scenario you mentioned is just a *tad* different, as most times, an infant is not intentionally or conciously *choosing* not to nurse...choice implies they know of another option....i.e. I know of bottles and I prefer formula, so I am refusing to nurse...type thing.... With the child choosing not to discuss healthy foods, are you honestly suggesting that they have no concept...
You are right though, I MUST get into this TCS stuff, as it has been suggested here more than once...ya learn something new every day!
Quote: Even if the child said they didn't want to talk about it, the parents might resepctfully say that "its important that we talk about this so that you can learn and understand." see, that is where we differ, if they didn't want to talk about it, I would respect that. If I were providing healthy meals, buying healthy food, taking them to healthy places to eat etc...that would be enough in my opinion and I would respect their intelligence in having...
thanks and I agree that like, someone can be AP and still not cloth diaper, or someone can be GD in general and still maybe use time outs or gentle "time-ins" or whatever, I accept that, I accept that people are different...heck, I am crunchy and AP as they come but I don't think we are going to CD because of several factors, from practical reasons, to money reasons, to reasons of just being plain lazy sometimes...I know people will poo poo that, and that's cool but I...
Yeah, I am defensive today actually, thanks for asking. It has always been much easier for me to deal with people who are blatant in their views...for example, it is easier for me to approach someone who admits to not giving a poop about animals, rather than someone who is eating a steak but claiming to be an animal lover... similarly, and I am not speaking personally, just generally of what I am beginning to see of MDC, especially the GD forum, is that people give...
Well sorry I got defensive, I guess I just feel way misunderstood, like people are thinking I am talking to my husband like: We don't build things in the house. We build things outside. Look at the pretty lights *pat on head* type thing, which is so far from the truth... You're wrong though, I DO know exactly what I will do with my daughter, however, I never claimed I wouldn't make mistakes in excecution or in matters of self control on my part (like I never said I...