or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

What would be wrong with letting her poop in a pull up at night? If her regular poop of the day or whatever is at night, and she isn't holding it or whatever and just poops in the pull up at night, what is the big deal? I guess I don't see it... I can ASSURE you she won't be pooping in her pull up before the prom...lol.... I say let it go for now, let her poop where she wants to poop (in her pull up, hopefully not on the floor) and revisit it later... I don't see...
Cross post from the "GD and hubby" thread, because it relates I think to this too: I feel that to anyone who feels GD is disrespectful either has got the concept way off, or whoever claimed to be Gd'ing them didn't get it either... I think the fundemental goes back to whether you see children as equal people. I personally do. I think children should be afforded EVERY SINGLE human right we have, and I treat them accordingly. Now, it is important to distinguish...
I feel that to anyone who feels GD is disrespectful either has got the concept way off, or whoever claimed to be Gd'ing them didn't get it either... I think the fundemental goes back to whether you see children as equal people. I personally do. I think children should be afforded EVERY SINGLE human right we have, and I treat them accordingly. Now, it is important to distinguish rights from privledges. Driving is not a right, it is a privledge. Other than there being...
You guys should go over to the "do you GD your husband" thread I started ...LOL... Another poster was right, I should have written "gentle communication" because whenever you say the word discipline, certain people will always attach a negative connotation to it... I feel discipline means to teach...coming fom the word disciple..I will ALWAYS be a teacher, offering my experience, knowledge, guidance to people who want it/need it etc...just the same as I will ALWAYS be...
Yeah I don't go for the whole "it takes a village" thing either AT ALL...as my understanding, I think the village should completely support the PARENTS. provide resources, help, understanding, etc for the parents so that the PARENTS can raise the child---"takes a village" doesn't mean I am just going to pass my child around to anyone and everyone who wants a piece of her for their own entertainment.... I know that sounds harsh, and I understand people like babies and...
...not to mention, among other things, that flouride completely blocks thyroid function which is CRUTIAL to development and to your whole system as an adult...incidentally, flouride in water is suspected in the huge spike in thyroid conditions over the last 50 years... My nutritionist was like, STAY AWAY FROM IT....even suggesting I switch to a non-flouride toothpaste because I have a slightly underactive thyroid... I think purified, spring, distilled whatever, water...
I understand your point mamawanabe, seriously I do, but I think it is a bit different and I will tell you why I think so.. I expect people to respect my daughters space, boundries, body and instincts. I don't care if she is 5, 15, or 35...it really has nothing to do with treating her like an adult or "child" because I believe that there is no distinction when it relates to basic human rights (respect for body, personal space etc)...you have to believe that somehow...
it is so cute though, my mom still does that to me once in a while and I am almost 28...like we will be talking about something, usually it is when I am upset and she is offering advice or something and she will say "now listen to mommy..." not in a condescending or insulting way at all, like a gentle way, it is so cute! I just don't want my husband calling me mommy!!! LOL
How about slowly introducing so that there is no pressure on any sides? What I mean is, instead of making it this huge "introduction" meeting thingie, what would be wrong with inviting the guy along when you and your daughter do something together that has no strong meaning (like don't invite him to a father daughter picnic! lol TOTALLY kidding!!) Just introduce him to your daughter as your friend....chances are, if you stay together, she will form a strong...
I heard a comment on the GD board when I first joined that I LOVED and I use all the time with people...sorry for not giving whoever said it credit, I forget who it was! Basically, it was "I am not trying to raise a well-behaved child as much as I am a well-adjusted adult." To me, that means, yes, in a perfect world our children would be little angels all the time and never act out, etc, and sometimes they are capable of doing both at once (behaving and learning...