or Connect

Posts by our veggie baby

..I am sorry you are going through this. It does really suck to see your daughter with a friend that obviously is trying to control your daughter in subtle ways and by the "comments" she makes to her. That is upsetting because I am sure on some levels your daughter really likes this girl and there is no easy solution because you don't want to "forbid her" from being her friend, while at the same time it probably pisses you off to no end and upsets you that said friend is...
Well, being a staunch animal rights activist and veg for 10 years, I have to say I hate McDonalds and everything it stands for... That said, YES!! I remember "shamrock shakes"!! I use to LOVE them! I grew up outside of philly and they had them every march around St paddys day....but I haven't seen them down here (Florida) and also I don't pay much attention being a veg and not having stepped into a MD for like 10 years or something...so they might!
I would leave out the "basic" in the "I have experience in..." bit... I would just say "I have experience in accounting, etc etc ....because "basic" implies a negative connotation... If/when it gets to the interview stage, I am SURE a question would be asked along the lines of, "I see you have knowledge o accounting etc, can you tell me about that?" That is the time you tell your level of skills etc....but don't put "basic" in the letter is my opinion.... Thats...
"Ohh olive oil for skin i did not know that.. do i need to do anything to it or just straight out of the bottle?" Yup, straight out of the bottle is fine, but like I said, if you prefer a light scent, you could add a few drops of an essential oil if baby isn't allergic--we plan on lavender because of its calming effects! Yes, there are so many people, namely near the Meditteranian (sp?) that SWEAR by olive oil for skin....they make olive oil soap, lotions, or just...
Quote: I can't STAND it when people do this about parenting. It makes me crazy. It seems like people really, deep-down want you to suffer. Or make you think you're going to suffer. Yes, there are obviously things about mothering that you can't possibly know until you do it, but that's true of soo much in life. SO true, or that people want you to feel the same way they do about parenting so they can feel justified in like, resenting their children or...
Yeah, I hope we don't fall into that!!! I am all for third person with a very small child for the examples above, that developmentally it helps them seperate better, etc.... ...but I hope me and hubby don't refer to eachother like that though, that would creep me out!! Like, calling to me "mommy can you bring me a towel" when bathing our daughter or something...it is different if he said to her "lets ask mommy for a towel" that's different, but you know what I mean!
I am so happy my hubby knows me better than to make a comment like that....my foot would be so far up his *beep* that he would be coughing shoelaces Anyway, my MIL is a different story. She said this exact same thing to me: "When she is old enough to ask for those milkies that is too old to be bf'ing her" (except didn't call them milkies but you get the jist) I just simply said, I have no problem with teaching my daughter it is okay to ask for what she...
...um you should also add... ...when painting your toenails and shaving your legs give you more of a work-out than an hour of power yoga did pre-pregnancy.... No lie...that is what I experienced about 2 weeks ago....I'm gonna be a sasquach delivering this baby, but I don't give a *beep* I am NOT going through that again...lol
Wal-mart selling evil products???? I have never heard of such a thing!! Sorry, had to.
Quote: I hear that you are having fun, and you feel that it is disrespectful of me to ask you to stop. (wait for response. You may want to say something here about) The problem I am having is that dd is hungry and fussy and needs to eat, but you are so interesting that she can't concentrate on her food. Can we think of a solution that works for everybody? (wait for response) One idea I had was that maybe you could run in a different room for now, and then come...