or Connect

Posts by hollyspurs

Congratulations! That is AMAZING! Bravo to your son!
Mum says I started reading at about the same time. The best thing to do is to encourage reading - he is a smart boy and requires the right sort of support. Do continue reading to him, buy him some books and see what his reading level really is. Then you can keep buying more complicated books. Montessori is a good idea too!
I think I would leave the choice up to them. Ultimately, it matters to me how happy they are and their quality of living. Of course I'd advice them on which way I think would work but it would be their choice, at the end of the day!
Oh Angela, I wish I could tell you it was a cake walk. Unfortunately it isn't. It takes you a while before you can figure out a balance that works for you and your family. I wish there was a one shot solution that works for all parents. I can say this though, it'll get easier when your kids are older and a bit more independent. I managed it with a mix of group activities - we have a community of moms and grandmoms and for a few hours every week, they go out together to the...
I'm so sorry you are going through so much. We often struggle with just one child but to have to deal with two? You are such a gem for surviving it and for trying to be a good mom at every turn. My kids gave me the same trouble but around when they were around 4. I think that at that age, they have so much pent up energy that they need to do something in order to be able to calm down and not be violent towards each other and badly behaved towards you. When my kids acted...
AMAZING story! Congratulations on your little one!
Wow! Thanks so much for this!
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your pain is heart wrenching and I know that these words we string together can't bring her back or make you feel less shattered. You will always have our love and support though. Big tight hugs. I'm so, so, sorry!
Wow! Just wow! I wish i was as patient and creative as you all are :'(
I saw this idea where you rotate your book shelf and make it lie on the floor, then fix a table type surface on it. You can paint that with material that is easily washable or dry eraseable. So basically when it stands up, it looks like a fridge. When it lies down, it's a table that your kids can do art and projects on. When they are done with their projects, you just lift up the "door" and put your craft supplies in. I'm not sure if it exists on pinterest, I tried finding...